Frank got a NEW CAR! again

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
1998 Jeep Cherokee. It's fun, i got it for a good price. It's got a 2" lift with 10 hole american racing wheels and newer tires. Probably going to sell the tires and get some duratracs though, these arent meaty enough for my taste. I already have a Cobra CB radio and 38" antenna on the way, will be ordering a roof basket and a bunch of lights soon as well. I'll also be transfering my stereo in that was in the suburban. Alpine head unit (CDA 9886) with 2 alpine type-r12's and a 2000 watt amp. going to be doing some other little stuff to it as well. 2500 watt power inverter to run an on board air compressor, and i'm going to fab up some kind of locking mounts to mount a generator to the roof basket so i can run my welder out at the track. It's pretty much going to be a support vehicle lol. I'll get pics up when I'm off work.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
why do all that work to it when you're just gonna flip it in 2wks? :fawkdance:

touche sir, touche. Nah, I think i'll be keeping this one for awile... most of the cars i come across i get because of the ability to make moeny on them. this one i actually hunted down and had been checking CL daily for over a month. the difference between a spontanious purchace (like the sub, bmw, alfa, other bmw, other other bmw, blazer, saab, mercury, lincoln, etc :D ) so I think i'll be keeping this for awile. Plus, when I mod stuff it gives me incentive to keep it lol.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
He works for a dealer, probably getting cars thru auction and is flipping said cars he picks up thru said auction after driving them for awhile? That son of a bitch. Time to string him up.

The difference here is that he's not posting about how cheap he got a car for then turning around and trying to sell it to the community for double what he paid.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
so... people get mad at Dasfinc for trying to make a buck off a car but not this guy..

:rofl:

I wanted to say it, but bit my lip, Thanks ryan (Seriously, I was waiting for someone to say something to my side).

He works for a dealer, probably getting cars thru auction and is flipping said cars he picks up thru said auction after driving them for awhile? That son of a bitch. Time to string him up.

The difference here is that he's not posting about how cheap he got a car for then turning around and trying to sell it to the community for double what he paid.

And for the record, i had no issue with dan trying to make some cash by flipping cars. Id do it too given the opportunity. I simply took issue with the way he went about doing it on this site.

With ALL do respect, I did that ONE TIME, Where I bought it from THIS board, and put it up on OTHER boards nearly 3 YEARS ago. To top it off, I ended up GIVING AWAY THAT CAR, but that still didn't make it better in anyones eyes. You make it out like I am buying a car from members of this board for $500, and selling it to another member for $1500, because that is not the fucking case, and never HAS been. And FIND me a thread where I 'bragged' about a profit from a member of our community EVER. Further more, I can't even think of talking about 'profiting' off of my flips more than maybe 2 or 3 times, and again, that would have been well over a year ago.

Furthermore, I am hardly different from you, I just have crappier cars that I own out right, so I have the 'luxury' of being able to buy and sell as I pleased instead having to do trade-ins at a dealer because I didn't like the car I had as you did 3 times. If you could have driven the Evo, or SRT for a few months, and then PROFITED on selling them after being bored, You'd have done the same.

Thread Info