StinkStars 07 Civic Si HID install

Nasty93

Nasty93
Oct 17, 2007
The Unit
Excuse the camera, cell phone pictures :)

Before
IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

After
IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
So all you did was plug in HID bulbs into the stock halogen projectors?
Get some genuine HID projectors for the real thing, there's a huge difference. ;)

there are a few companies that use OEM HID projector components to convert your stock headlamp capsule into a projector style light, but at nearly $1000 its hardly worth it for my daily driver. You are right though, most cars will produce annoying glare or unwanted cutoff when converted this way to hid's, however i lucked out because as it turns out this particular headlight has a very nice beam pattern and good cutoff with the conversion. as far as some other cars go, i know some do not turn out nearly as nice (S-10's, durrangos to name a few).

and just so you know, not all cars with factory HID lights use a projector.... off the top of my head i know that my dads acura CL type-s uses the standard looking housing... so dont go out thinking every conversion without the projector is crap.

also after seeing these pics again i must say that the lights are not nearly as blue as they look in the pics. it must be some weird camera trick

James

TCG Elite Member
Jan 18, 2008
You can find a pair of OEM HID projectors on Ebay for $50. But for ease of install the Acura TSX ones are the ones to get and run $100. I decided to ditch my halogen projectors after test fitting the HID bulbs inside and lighting them up...the focal length was all screwy and the halogen lens was frosted. Versus now having OEM HID's installed with the perfectly optically clear lens. And none of that fresneled HID lens crap either.

But yeah, for what you did and the cost it's hard to complain. And I don't think it's a safety issue for other drivers so it's all gravy.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
i got them from E-bay from the seller kassabian9898. they were $130 with shipping so they are in between being the really cheap and the most expensive. the reason i went with them was because alot of people on 8thCivic.com were using them and after a year or more, were having no problems.

i ordered the 4300K which is actually the brightest kit, but they have a range of color temps available through 12000K. i got the 4300k because it has no blue in it (which in person is true, but in these pics they look kinda blue) most people order 6000k which has just a tinge of blue which kinda gives it that distinctive "HID" look that some people are after. either way its nice knowing my headlamps are only using 70 watts for the pair now when they used to use 160 watts.

and to james, i hear ya, but i think with my particular car i got lucky (mabye there is a jap spec honda that comes stock with hid's and i have the same housing or something) because the focusing and cutoff are soo good you would swear the car was built for having hids from the factory. i had Ballsdeep drive in front of me just to see if there was an annoying glare or if the aim was off, but he said it looked so much like just and car with HID's that if he didnt know that was me behind him, he would have never given me a second look, because of something looking weird or "off".

those TSX projectors or even S2000 prijectors are nice, but baking my headlights open to cut my housings up isnt something i want to do. and the cost of having somebody else do it is way too much for my DD

Last edited:

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
i know some do not turn out nearly as nice (S-10's, durrangos to name a few).

those cars with non-clear lens coverings will glare like a bitch. like the s10 and durango... You're fine if you have a clear lens that wont "spread" the beam like that...

I've had my car behind me with Hids and there wasn't any glare.

Thread Info