Mitch's New White MR, JDM Goodness inside

M

Mitchubishievo

I'm just gonna copy and paste from the Evo forum...

So a lot of you know I recently sold my second black evo, a IX SE that was quite tastefully modded and had a very good path ahead of it. Well, not as good as what I replaced it with. It was a mystery to many who was inquiring about/purchasing the crazy "ARC" evo that was in the classifieds.

Trouble your brain not. That person is me :D .

I've been liking the MR since I drove my friend's car (Kordyte). I can't tell you how many times I gave him the same bull schmit (delete the c and the m is you don't get it) that everybody on the boards would do; "Ahhh, the tranny SUCKS! It'll break! It's over priced! Blah Blah Blah!". We all know the drill. Well, I bet and I get 90% percent of these very people to admit the same thing I did to myself: if you could, you'd have the MR. Let's face it, are you REALLY gonna crack that trans? We're not all Warrtalon, whopping a$$ every weekend in races and events. Most of us have a quick stint here and there, and maybe one-two track days IF THAT! But I digress...

So come last november, and year into owning the TBIXSE (tibeexsee)....I had to have an MR. I was looking at only Black MR's and White MR's, leaning HEAVILY towards the black one. In fact, had it not sold, I would be in a Black MR SE right now. But am I glad it sold!

When I saw this car, I had to have it, and low and behold here I am now.

A HUGMONGOUES thanks goes to CHICAGO MOTOR CARS, particularly Parin Shah, who helped me purchase this car while I was in the process of selling mine.

The next thanks goes to the owner of the Evo. He gave me (and Parin) some time to figure things out and get funds to him. What a stand up guy...I'm going to end up coming to California to hang out with him and his crew of gear heads this summer I hope.

But I'm sure no one read past the second sentence, so I'm not going to waste anymore typing energy. Here's the stuff to please your eyeballs:

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

I got home and promptly installed the Evo VII tails I kept from the last car :D :D :D

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

And how it sits right now...no need to put volks on in 20 degree temps! Well on top of that they are sold to a member on here, one of my previous TB IX SE (MR) bretheren! I can't wait to see them on his car!

IMG_0052-1.jpg

So who is just as shocked as I am that I have a white Evo now?!?!?!?!

Cheers to everyone!

-Mitch

M

Mitchubishievo

love the car... kinda want to trade in the civic for an MR, but i gotta ask.... is that steering wheel worth the SRS light always blinking?

I think the fuse is not in for that light to go off, because i have zero issues right now. On top of that, I got the stock steering wheel as well :D.

Congrats ont he purchase - it looks nice. I especially love the rims! I'm not a fan of those rain guard things on the windows, though. How big is that fart can (or is that just a tip)?

The tip is like 4.5 inches, but it comes with the car you know? I mena the stock evo tip is 4 inches....crazy eh? And this thing doesn't fart just yet, it has a high flow cat and the exhaust is a 2.75 inch, so right now it's only a bit louder than stock. Much deeper at idle, but I'm sick of loudness and this is a very welcome change.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I hope to have a detail thread for this car soon enough. Maybe crazymook's too.

M

Mitchubishievo

Haha thanks boss, it seriuosly does feel like a go cart! Great anti theft device too....it's a quick release.

But alas, once I have the stock peice done in alcantara, I will use this one only for track days.

Thanks again to everyone for the comments.

Thread Info