The new G8 "Catalina"

Chrisco

is a work in progress
Jan 26, 2008
Downers Grove, IL.
Just got a new whip which I appropriately decided to name 'Catalina.' Very original, I know :s00ls: There's nothing special about it for now, just a stock GT, but hopefully I'll be making a few changes in the near future.

4679157715_c9eddfd9c7_b.jpg

4678871029_8275b91040_b.jpg

4679170187_7ae8c69d32_b.jpg

4679818048_303c8d80a2_b.jpg

4679817342_52077c842f_b.jpg

4679816284_277241ded9_b.jpg

Last edited:

Chrisco

is a work in progress
Jan 26, 2008
Downers Grove, IL.
Nice, congrats!

I love mine. I'm trying to keep it stock, but I just want to throw a little more power at it. I'd love me some long tubes!

From what I've been reading, it seems the easiest/cheapest/best bang for your buck is getting a vararam intake and a tune. Then long tubes, except that with this you have to get an x/H pipe also, at the least. Oh, and thanks for the compliments, fellas!

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
From what I've been reading, it seems the easiest/cheapest/best bang for your buck is getting a vararam intake and a tune. Then long tubes, except that with this you have to get an x/H pipe also, at the least.

Let me know if you do any of that stuff. I've contemplated it, but I really don't want to mess around with that car. It's hard to resist though when you hear about people run a high 12 or a low 13 with just exhaust and a tune.

Chrisco

is a work in progress
Jan 26, 2008
Downers Grove, IL.
Let me know if you do any of that stuff. I've contemplated it, but I really don't want to mess around with that car. It's hard to resist though when you hear about people run a high 12 or a low 13 with just exhaust and a tune.

Yeah I know what you mean. I keep going back and forth with myself about that. Eventually I'm sure I'll do a few things to it, but I should probably just let it be until it's completely paid off and/or the warranty is up to ensure that I keep a good reliable vehicle and just keep the Galant. The other side of the coin is that people who do those few simple mods with a tune are also seeing an additional 2-3mpg on the highway!

nice! welcome, i have one as well.

Haha, thank you, but I've been here for quite some time :bigthumb: This is just the newest addition to the stable.

Chrisco

is a work in progress
Jan 26, 2008
Downers Grove, IL.
lol meant welcome to the G8, lovin mine so far, already bolting up a catback wednesday. i keep hearing the same about the vararam intake and tune waking this thing up. I just want a little noise first.

Ahh for sure, for sure. If I do anything, I'll most likely keep the stock axle-back as this is the first vehicle I've ever owned that I can actually carry on a conversation with people inside the car, as well as hear music, without having to yell or turn things up ridiculously loud. Plus it seems as though these things have some terrible issues with harmonics/resonation due to the cylinder cut.

Which exhaust system were you thinking of going with?

Ahh for sure, for sure. If I do anything, I'll most likely keep the stock axle-back as this is the first vehicle I've ever owned that I can actually carry on a conversation with people inside the car, as well as hear music, without having to yell or turn things up ridiculously loud. Plus it seems as though these things have some terrible issues with harmonics/resonation due to the cylinder cut.

Which exhaust system were you thinking of going with?

i put on a magnaflow catback last night and it sounds just right for what i want. not too loud until it gets in the R's, low amount of drone.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
I love the G8's. Last summer when I was in my GTP at Crystal lake Pontiac they had a white one fully loaded. It was pretty sweet. This sales guy always eyed my GP so when I was there he told me if I traded in my car he would give me the G8 for 19,000 OTD. I told him thanks but love my car and never plan to part with it.. But I almost had one!!

Thread Info