New exhaust setup on my TBSS!!!

DTB_LS1

REAL RACECARS HAVE THREE PEDALS
Sep 18, 2009
Ottawa, IL
I recently had Stainless Works 1-3/4" headers and a catted y-pipe installed on my '07 TBSS. Other mods done to the truck include a Magnaflow catback, IEATSRT8 cai, and a tune. I was looking for an exhaust setup that was a little more refined since this is my daily driver and I already have a car that makes loud racecar noises. It's still whisper quiet when cruising but has a great mellow tone and really comes to life when I mash the gas. The vid really doesn't do justice for the way it sounds. It's louder in person, but we used a crappy camera and my GF isn't the best at taking vids. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rN1iDvIwvA

DTB_LS1

Sep 18, 2009
Ottawa, IL
Niiiiiiiiice :bigthumb: Sounds great.

Thanks, I've gotten alot of compliments on the way it sound and I've only had the headers on since Mon. The funny thing is that my GF was bitching at me the whole time about spending money on it since I told her I was keeping it stock. :rofl: Then I brought it home from Speed Inc on Mon and she was like "OMG I F_CKING LOVE IT."

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Glad you like the setup. I hate trying to listen to exhaust videos on the internet! Digital cameras are just not good at capturing such a loud sound with a teeny tiny microphone. No doubt that it sounds good though, Ive heard just about every exhaust combination there is on a TBSS.

I cant tell you how many times ive pulled up to a light and get crazy looks or people asking me "is that thing cammed? CRAZY!" My exhaust is kooks 1 3/4" , catless y pipe, stailess works 3.5" lmf catback. Its loud all of the time.

DTB_LS1

Sep 18, 2009
Ottawa, IL
Glad you like the setup. I hate trying to listen to exhaust videos on the internet! Digital cameras are just not good at capturing such a loud sound with a teeny tiny microphone. No doubt that it sounds good though, Ive heard just about every exhaust combination there is on a TBSS.

I cant tell you how many times ive pulled up to a light and get crazy looks or people asking me "is that thing cammed? CRAZY!" My exhaust is kooks 1 3/4" , catless y pipe, stailess works 3.5" lmf catback. Its loud all of the time.

Thanks, yeah I get looks all the time where I live. People don't expect Trailblazers to sound like ours and they alway ask "What's the differance with an SS?" lol My GF and I love our TBSS so much that we're going to buy another one once I get this one paid down a little more. She'll get this one and it will still be used to tow my Camaro. I'll be buying a Silver '07-'08 AWD 3SS that will get headers, exhaust, cam, a FLT trans, and probably more. :smile:

Thread Info