My NEW head unit. Let me show you it.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
First of all, to recap, I was one of the lucky few that threw down their hard earned dollar bills for that super fantastic Capital group buy head unit. I wont go into details, but for my money, all I basically got was a unit that did this.

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

So that went out. And in went a new Eclipse unit that has a detachable tom tom gps unit, and guess what, this one actually WORKS!! Does everything this mistake of a purchase was SUPPOSED to do, and Im actually quite happy w/ this purchase.

IMG_0412.jpg

my race car gps icon
IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

Some quantum of solace goin. which sounds surpsingly good on my stock speakers
IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

tom tom detached
IMG_0424.jpg

And it still works!
IMG_0425.jpg

I think i'll be keeping this one. Yeah, its not a full touch screen, but I like having actual buttons I can press, and I like the portability of the tom tom unit so I can take a gps w/ me even if i dont have my car.

The capital unit...i have other plans for.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Nice, the new one looks like it fits better too.

thats the other thing. even if that thing DID work, the dimensions were too big for my car. the face plate surround from the mounting kit would NOT fit around that unit. there was probably at least a good 1/4 inch of the screen tucked up underneath. I know theres certain kenwood models that wont fit w/ my car because of the size, and it looked like this one happened to be same dimensions. So it wouldnt have really worked out anyways, but at least I could have sold it and gotten some of my money back if that thing wasnt such an utter pile of crap. Live and learn I guess. im happy w/ this eclipse unit

epik_x

Addict
Jun 22, 2008
Elgin
thats the other thing. even if that thing DID work, the dimensions were too big for my car. the face plate surround from the mounting kit would NOT fit around that unit. there was probably at least a good 1/4 inch of the screen tucked up underneath. I know theres certain kenwood models that wont fit w/ my car because of the size, and it looked like this one happened to be same dimensions. So it wouldnt have really worked out anyways, but at least I could have sold it and gotten some of my money back if that thing wasnt such an utter pile of crap. Live and learn I guess. im happy w/ this eclipse unit

Thats pretty lame. Have you thought about putting it up on ebay or craigslist, maybe get some of your money back. :dunno:

Thread Info