She's getting there!!!

Most people on here don't remember me except the old guys from ILGPC, but I smashed up my GP Daytona in Feb. and have been slowly piecing it back together as I go. I figured if I had to put it back together I was gonna do it like I always wanted it to be. So there are no seams in the engine bay, no holes that do not need to be there, and the port for the CAI is molded into the side.
Wasn't actually planning on replacing the rockers, but when I got the ground effects off to pull the fenders, I found out I didn't have any rocker left!! So the door jams got the same treatment.
This is as far as I have gotten, just saving to get the outside sprayed and I will be back cruisin.

Attachments

• old.JPG
    old.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 83
  • sotr.JPG
    sotr.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 90
  • fre.JPG
    fre.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 85
  • lksdj;lfa.JPG
    lksdj;lfa.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 84
  • this.JPG
    this.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 83
I had to spend a day cleaning the garage and making sure the door was not ever opened before I could even start spraying cause my neighbor has a bunch of cottonwoods that are blooming right now. really sucks, but it came out pretty dirt free, then everything got watersanded and buffed by hand.....now THAT sucked. too tight of spaces to get the buffer into.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
hah, alright then, makes a lot more sense. I cant even count how many times as a kid, that I would paint a model car only to have 20 fucking bugs land on it when I walk away

Ha ha I did that same thing so many times.
The car is looking good! What kind of hood are you gonna put on the car.

Thread Info