Detailed: Lincoln LS

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
Did this LS on Sat, pretty nice car.....for a Ford.

Owner had a killer garage though, 3 car, carpeted with rubber mats under cars. Cedar wood walls, old gas pump, vintage cars signs and pitures. Other car was a new Shelby Mustang, white with blue stripes, sweet....for a Ford.

New160.jpg

New162.jpg

New166.jpg

New164.jpg

New168.jpg

New169.jpg

PS: my wife did the whole interior, not bad. shes looking over my shoulder now and doesnt want me taking credit for her work. :biggthump:

01Cobra

No offense at all, but I'm just curious what is with the trend of doing the up and down stripe pattern on the carpeting. I think it looks cheesy like that and prefer the stock one way uniform look.

I can see that it is an easy way to say hey I went to town on your carpets and mats but other than that?

Your thoughts?

LeddZepp8687

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Warrenville, IL
No offense at all, but I'm just curious what is with the trend of doing the up and down stripe pattern on the carpeting. I think it looks cheesy like that and prefer the stock one way uniform look.

I can see that it is an easy way to say hey I went to town on your carpets and mats but other than that?

Your thoughts?

okay, so I'm not the only one thinks its cheesy as well.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
Thats how I was taught, so thats how I do it. About 90% of my customers think it looks great and want to know how I do it. Most are shocked that its just brush marks going back and forth. It also shows that you actually cleaned the carpets and didnt just vacuum.

My carpet cleaning system:
First I do a quick vacuum to remove all the large debris. Then I use compressed air to blow all the crap out from under and between the seats. Next, an assortment of brushes are used to dust off the vents, center console, dash etc. Then a full vacuuming is done to every square inch of the carpet, seats, rear deck etc. Now I apply some Ardex "New Wave" carpet cleaner with a spray bottle and work in with a nylon brush. Any deep stains are treated with a solvent or more aggressive cleaner. I use a professional carpet extractor before making the lines to pull the cleaner and dirt from the carpet. Then, an All-Fiber Rinse is misted on the carpet to de-activate or neutralize any remaining cleaners. Now, I make my beautiful carpet lines. Same is done to the floors mats, which are left if the trunk to ensure the carpet dries completely.

Thread Info