New GT Snoozer

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
So my SVT Contour is finally gone. Decided it was too much stress, because there was a laundry list of things that were wrong with it, and really the car would just go up in flames at any instant. Found a place that took it off my hands for 2K so I was happy with that. Enter my new 03 PT GT. For those not in the know, basically like a SRT4 in a PT shell with a Getrag 5-speed. Differences between the SRT4 and the PT GT are pretty numerous, but not enough so, so parts will interchange. Mainly the Stage 1 computer and injectors, Stage 2 BOV (stock leaks boost bad apparently), and a couple of others here and there. Unfortunately Stage 3 won't fit (without serious modification), SRT4 aftermarket intercoolers won't fit, and some others. Otherwise pretty quick, and i'm getting addicted to the BOOOOOOOOST.

The third day I had the car, the CEL came on, luckily I already had an appointment at Bob Rohrman to have the car looked over to make sure that it was in good condition with no issues. They told me I needed a new knock sensor. I thought that I could drive it without issue as I drove it there with no problem. As I'm taking it away it starts missing horribly off idle and pretty much through the rev range. Take it back, have to rent a car and leave it with them to fix. Try to pick it up the next day, drive it out of the service bay, let it warm up for awhile, start testing it out, get into the boost and at about 4K rpm, it backfires bad and continues to miss. I'm quite upset and bring it back to Rohrman. I take the tech for a drive, and show him what it's doing. Leave it there, and they end up replacing all the plugs and wires, ok something I was planning to do anyways, but they beat me to it. Drive it off the next day to discover it is STILL missing at around 1500-2000 rpm. I am super pissed now, take the service manager and the tech for a ride. They end up replacing a bad plug on cylinder 3 (they said it was a bad plug, i say the tech cracked it when he was installing it). Now it runs like a dream, no issues at all. It was a little bit of bumpy start to the ownership, but luckily i didnt have to pay anything for the repairs, the dealership where I bought it paid for everything since it was still under their warrenty :bigthumb: .

IMG_0928.jpg

IMG_0929.jpg

IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0931.jpg

IMG_0933.jpg

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Holy race car on the trailer already. :noes:

btw fuck Bob Rohrman

Yeah came for North Carolina, so they shipped it out to me, and the people at Rohrman are nice, but fucking idiots.

Looks good, have fun! (Looks like they took the shifter out of a UPS truck and put it in the PT Cruiser)

your telling me, its like paddling a fucking canoe the throws are so long, first things to be done are new shifter bushings (the stocks ones are crap, and it's like working my canoe oar through mud) and get a B&M or Hurst short-throw.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
The transmissions are different I believe, however they use similar/same linkages. The Turbo is I believe the same size, but it is backwards from the SRT4, thus not being able to use the stage 3. And the intercooler outlets are different because of room contraints, instead of exiting on sides like the SRT4, the exit directly backwards. I don't plan to mod the crap out of this at all. The turbo will stay the same, intercooler will stay the same, may get a diablosport predator tuner down the line with some injectors. K&N drop in, short-throw, and if I'm feeling really good about it, solve the stock BOV issue with a stage 2 version. Will also try to put in a boost gauge, but refuse to put it on the dash or the a-pillar, so I am a little limited.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
:werd: , I don't want to go crazy with this. There are project cars that I would much rather have to modify. I'm just gonna keep this pretty well stock. I want to get it into really good running condition, fix the few issues there are, and drive it for the next couple of years.

I'd consider an alky kit if you aren't replacing the IC. It's just cheap insurance, and they work well on the SRT's. I just finished an IC install on a GP, and removed his alky kit. If you are interested, I'll ask the guy if he wants to sell the alky kit.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I'd consider an alky kit if you aren't replacing the IC. It's just cheap insurance, and they work well on the SRT's. I just finished an IC install on a GP, and removed his alky kit. If you are interested, I'll ask the guy if he wants to sell the alky kit.

Thanks, but from what ive read, as long as you keep the boost around stock or around the stage 1 levels, it should be fine with the stock IC.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
The problem that PT comes into is that it needs a V type (I think that denotes that the IC exits backwards instead of out the side) and you need to cut into the bumper, the support, and a couple of other things to make a good IC fit. The thing that most guys are doing is sending it to a PT forum member and he hacks up the stock IC, reuses the end tanks, and adds a bunch more to the middle. Supposedly its much easier to do than an aftermarket job.

Thread Info