My Civic

I bought my '05 Civic at the end of the summer. I traded my 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT for it. I have a 40 mile (round trip) commute to work everyday and I was broke because of the gas I was putting in the GP. Over the summer I got 18-20 mpg in the GP and I get 36-38 mpg in the Civic (summer gas blend). This is the first import I've ever owned. I'm neither an import or domestic guy. The two cars I'm most looking forward to coming out this year are the Pontiac G8 GT and the Infiniti G37-S, if that tells you anything about my affiliations...

These are from the day I bought it. That was near the end of September.
DSC00335.jpg

DSC00333.jpg

DSC00334.jpg

DSC00332.jpg

DSC00339.jpg

DSC00338.jpg

DSC00336.jpg

These are from the day I got my snow tires put on my steelies.
Dec132007044.jpg

Dec132007048.jpg

Dec132007049.jpg

These are of my ProSport tach. My Civic didn't come with a tach and I wanted one. The color match is pretty close.
Dec242007016.jpg

Dec242007001.jpg

DSC00523.jpg

This was taken in Rockford when we had that one really big snow storm on Saturday the 15th. I know it was that day because I got my snow tires on the Thursday before the snow storm.
DSC01395.jpg

fucking honda
Meh, for just driving around you don't need it. You just listen to the sound of the engine and feel the vibrations in the throttle. You feel really connected because you have to feel the car.

a manual civic didnt have a tach........thats odd
Yep, it's a VP. It was the 04-05 replacement for the DX. Neither VPs nor DXs had tachs.

I could drive just fine without it but I wanted it for autocross. That and I couldn't rev match to downshift.

Last edited:

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
VP = Value Package -- they're pretty bare bones. I was looking at trading in the GTP for one back when I was in a bit of a situation. You can't beat em for basic transport, and they're fun to thrash on, too.

VP is teh Vice Presidential. ;)

I thought I'd miss all the stuff my GP had. I had power everything, independent climate control and all that stuff. I don't really miss any of it. Power windows would be nice when I go through a drive through in the winter and power locks would be nice because I'm lazy but they're not that big of a deal. The first car I ever bought ('79 Thunderbird) didn't have jack crap and it was awesome.

Also, this car handles great and is quicker than I thought it would be. It's still a slow car but it's quick enough for tooling around town.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Ironically, when I got my 92 Civic CX I wanted it more than any other car at the time because of its simplicty. My dad always said that that hatch was the closest thing with a cabin can be to rollerblading. I had a set of 205/16/40s on the car briefly while it was still only an 8 valve car *70hp* and it was AMAZING despite having 100K on the clock how fast you can blitz turns. I still often choose to drive that car to work over my focus *not right now cause of the cold, but on nice days i'd rather drive my crappy bottom of the line civic over my focus with power everything...

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Goal, like autocross, drag, track...

Autocross,

I have a 2007 Ford Focus for a Daily driver, so the civic is already half-way gutted for auto-x and will be a fully gutted car by spring.

Right now its just a mini-me swap (1.5 liter stock block, 1.6 liter Vtec head) and I have a close-ratio Civic EX transmission sitting in my shed outside (Needs a rebuild)

I have lined up a decent set of 15" rims to put stickies on, and plan on doing the integra rear-disk brake swap.

I don't really have any class I plan on competing on, I really just wanna do it for fun, how about you?

Thread Info