Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood STi

dmc6996

Addict
Oct 10, 2008
Arlington Heights
Real Name
Dave
I just finished the install of a Seibon CF hood. i know i know half the people here will say it looks rice but its better than what i had before. My last hood got its ass kicked by a hail storm and left about 20 dents. i wanted to have them pulled but my hood is 100% aluminum and it made for a costly repair. a new hood from the factory was $850 painted but not shipped. i got this hood for $512 to my door.
It wasnt too bad of an install. the hood itself as far as quality i give a B+. it has a few blemishes but still worth the money. the hood pins were a pain in the ass. i went with Sparco and had to flip them vertical/upside down to get them to work right. wanted to line them up with the headlights but too much of a bend to do so.
Now all thats left is a few tiny dents and my right fender (pandas dads shop early spring) and all body damage should be fixed! :hsugh:
removing the air splitter
bay2187-1.jpg

bay2189.jpg

bay2198.jpg

i removed the chicken fence
bay2194.jpg

bay2197.jpg

bay2216.jpg

bay2210.jpg

bay2217.jpg

bay2218.jpg

bay2220.jpg

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I think carbon fiber can look good, but you have to work it into the car just right. I'll look for a picture of it, but I remember seeing a carbon fiber hood that had the regular body paint on it up to a point and then it went to the carbon fiber. For some reason if the whole hood is carbon fiber, and the coloring doesn't match the color on the car...I think it looks like the hood was just slapped on without any thought of how it will blend with the car. It reminds me of the guys that put aftermarket panels on their car, only to paint it 2 years later. Not ripping on your ride in the least, just giving a little constructive criticism. Hell, my hood doesn't even match perfectly...

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
i cant imagine thered be much of a weight difference, if any. Like he said, the stock hoods are completely aluminum, so they're pretty damn light as it is. The first time i popped the hood on my wrx i was like wtf? i thought it was an aftermarket hood at first cuz it was so damn light

32vMonte

Car is broke
Dec 3, 2008
Not rice, I seen a STI around the griffith, IN are a couple of times that had a whole carbon fiber front end. Fender's, bumper, and hood. Had to get up close to see if it was real and it was. Looked sick the car was all blacked out with the gold STI wheels all while sitting low.

dmc6996

Addict
Oct 10, 2008
Arlington Heights
Real Name
Dave
thanks everyone.

does this weigh any less than a stock hood, or is this purely for looks?

i think the carbon hood could be a pound or two more. at least i seemed that way. i did think about painting it but i hate hood pins. i cant have a painted hood with pins i just hate the look. i hate the look of it on the carbon hood too but wouldnt feel safe on the highway without them.
i would like to get the carbon fenders for 720 shipped a pair. i would paint those. i could do the whole car in carbon for 6 - 8 grand and take a good amount of fat off but thats a ton of cash.

Thread Info