I painted a bunch of stuff on Sunday.

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
On Sunday, I finally painted the front brembos and I painted the headlight housing too. Also the Lug nuts on the front wheels.

cimg8495.jpg

cimg8493.jpg

cimg8489.jpg

cimg8484.jpg

cimg8496.jpg

cimg8497.jpg

cimg8490.jpg

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
not bad, is that "TURBO" emblem from factory?

No it's actually a mercedes benz amg turbo emblem. It was a lot cheaper than some of the other turbo emblems and it still looks like a generic emblem. Although now I kinda wish I got one that was similar to the SS logo.

The factory turbo emblem is on the trunk and you can't even read it unless you're right next to the car.

i don't think so, its not very straight :rofl:

nice job ;)

Yeah... As you can see there's a little crease on the door where it bulges out. I thought that line was straight so when I was putting it on I was trying to align it with that. It was a fail on my part. :picard:

I let it dry all night. I forgot to put the wheels back on and by the time I got the car off the jacks and the wheels on I didn't even bother going to class.

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
I used a Black primer and then used black rustoleum and clear coated it for a shine. It might have scratched off when I put them back on, not sure though. The top stayed black and that's the only visible part anyway.

Actually I just went and checked my lug nuts and they seem good, no noticeable scratches in the paint. I guess as long as I don't keep taking off my wheels they should be fine.

32vMonte

Car is broke
Dec 3, 2008
Haha, I'd only need a $250ish tune to take it over the 300 mark. Although first I need a better job.

I think hahn did his ss/tc with no catted exhaust, prototype intake, and tune and got real good numbers and times at the track. I know it was 300+ hp it was a tune and the exhaust.

He was something like the first to mod it really over on cobaltss.net when I was following these cars. He got them with the first of the ppl to get theres from the dealers.

Thread Info