Some vids of the TBSS with longtubes

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
On the trailblazer forums everyone made out the install to be damn near impossible for kooks headers. It took me probably around 12 hours total from start to finish, over the course of two days. Luckily it was nowhere near as bad as it was made out to be. I had the coil packs, washer fluid resivoir, accumulator, cai and airbox, the stock exhaust manifolds and Y pipe, plus some misc other stuff completely disassembled in two hours. The passenger side header was supposed to be the worst to do, so I decided on doing that first to get it out of the way. After around 40 minutes of unbolting the motor and trans mounts then moving things back, forward, side to side I had that installed. Whew, what a breeze! Next was the drivers side header. Since I bought the headers used, they did not come with instructions for install, but headers are USUALLY a pretty straight forward install. Just remove some bolts then push/pull for a while to get the old one out and new one in. Little did I know that you cant fit the drivers side in from the top. You can get it sooo sooo close but not quite there. After three hours of fanagaling it around I gave up for the day and decided to come back and finish the install. It turned out it will only fit in from the bottom, but I was too lazy to look at some install tips before starting on the project :hs:. The transmission and motor mounts needed to be removed, both the transmission and engine jacked up and set on a jack stand, remove the transmission cross member, and remove the front drive shaft. It slid in with no fight after that, but I ended up wasting somewhere around 4 hours trying to get it in the top and then re-assembling everything I didnt need to move when it was all said and done.

The rest of the install was straight forward and went smoothly. I managed to not break anything with the exception of a spark plug that should have been removed in the first place. I also installed some Taylor 409 10.3mm Pro Race Wires that I bought from speed inc.

It isnt nearly as loud as I had expected, but loud none the less. The exhaust tone is exactly how I wanted it to sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8n3i4vLeWQ&feature=channel_page
Just a cold motor start and idling. ( I need a haircut :bowrofl:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaDgjG2Ji1o&feature=channel
a couple of revs to redline, and it sets off the alarm on my work van

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
The best part about it, is that it hooks like that on wet pavement and street tires.

itd be such a toss up for me going awd or rwd... my buddies getting sideways out of turns, or doin burnouts just looks sooooooo siiiiiick. like insane.

but awd performance aspect would be awesome.

truck sounds great, and looks great also.

Thread Info