new seats in the DSM

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Jun 7, 2011
Ohare
Finally after saying it for 3 years I got some new seats in the DSM. Took about 3 hours to do. Had to go to Ace for new nuts, bolts, and washers to fit the sliders more securely. And had to make a new bigger in the sliders to line up a bolt better. Also gave the carpet a scrub too.

tCXGJkr.jpg

xpgSL03.jpg

Pzc0M9u.jpg

JV1liD7.jpg

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
The best upgrades to all of the cars I've done it to was a race seat or close to a race seat. Even my GTP was 100000x more fun and enjoyable to drive when I put the Corbeau seat in it.

Seats and steering wheel are always the top 2 things you should make sure youre good with whenever you get a new car.

Back when I put the JDM sti seats in my WRX it was like a whole new world opened up :rofl: Hell part of the reason I bought the ST was because of those Recaros. The bmw isn't half bad either w/ its inflatable side bolsters.

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Jun 7, 2011
Ohare
My stocks were pretty torn up on the sides. And the leather in the summer time was just brutal. I would sweat alllllll the time. Never took the car out if it was over 80 degrees because my back would be soaked in sweat. These new seats are cloth so hopefully my body should be able to breath better with them. Also my fucking skin on my legs wont stick to the seat now.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I put my s2000 seat on the floor, I love being as low as possible in my cars. I can barely see over of the steering wheel :rofl: but that's how I like to roll. My GSR I used to have I did the same thing :rofl: My GF at the time hated it because she was like 1ft higher up in the car than me.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
mmm, yes. Been wanting to do this to the GTO for a long time now. But, those stock seats are just so damn comfy :rofl: But you do sit way too high in them which always bugs the shit outta me every time I climb in.

My seats are super comfortable. I did the TCG Tour in my seats down to Kentucky and never once was I saying get me the fuck out of this car. And I had no AC mind you :rofl:

Omicron

From Russia With Love
TCG Premium
Jan 13, 2013
McHenry
My seats are super comfortable. I did the TCG Tour in my seats down to Kentucky and never once was I saying get me the fuck out of this car. And I had no AC mind you :rofl:

Ha was just about to mention your car. The seats in your cobra were so nice I almost bought a set for the 03. If you recall I had Angela test sit them lol. They just made a huge difference in seating position and comfort in the SN95 chassis. Only reason I didn’t is I had nowhere to store the stock seats safely.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Ha was just about to mention your car. The seats in your cobra were so nice I almost bought a set for the 03. If you recall I had Angela test sit them lol. They just made a huge difference in seating position and comfort in the SN95 chassis. Only reason I didn’t is I had nowhere to store the stock seats safely.

Oh yeah I remember!

Thread Info