Yaj yak isn't goin' green. Gas powered vehicles ftmfw. ICE WILL NEVER DIE

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
2019 Polaris General 1000 4 thread Yaj Yak

welp. ditched the electric side by side a few weeks back and started the hunt for it's replacement. I wasn't in a hurry because it's cold as balls right now and parking my bmw in the garage is kinda neat to not freeze my balls off each morning.

I was all over the board- can am, polaris, kawasaki, honda, blah blah.

I've posted that I really liked the General's, but their price tag kept me from them.

Unitl I was trying to hunt down a white crew 1000 xp ranger... dug up [MENTION=5709]rdsnake[/MENTION]'s thread about getting his side by side, and contacted the dealer he went through.

OH HEY WEIRD, A GENERAL COULD MAKE SENSE.

Friday I set out on the drive south... drove to Paducah Ky

Gas prices there were sweet.

s8jbZach.jpg

Saturday morning drove hour and fifteen south to union city, tn, to abernathys, where rdsnake got his rig from.

Place is NUTS. legit in the middle of some farm fields, but more side by sides around than i could imagine.

cqhYSC0.jpg

jfCalVH.jpg

0JX2JF3.jpg

UQz7mil.jpg

ndnXIvS.jpg

x2zmd3v.jpg

ub600iS.jpg

Picked up a 2019 Polaris General 1000 4

100hp 2 cylinder, 4 bucket seats with shoulder belts, and a dump bed.

Couldn't be happier. Thing RIPS and still has some utility to go with it.

HMuc5wQh.jpg

viO0vhuh.jpg

i5RJbFch.jpg

All the pics for now.

Last edited:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Did I miss something being shit about the electric one?

Congrats bud!

Nothing shit, some things just inherently not super about electric/battery powered stuff.

First off which was one of my biggest things I didn't like, is range on anything battery powered decreases significantly when it's cold... i talked about that in the other thread- but seriously from 80* outside to 20* outside, my range would be 25% of what it was in the summer.

The numbers made sense getting rid of the battery one, if i lived somewhere with 35 mph roads, it'd have been 100% street legal everywhere... where im at now in hillbilly land, people don't give a crap and rip dirtbikes/sidebysides/four wheelers everywhere... so only being able to do 25 on the old one kinda sucked.

this one hits 50 quickly, and supposedly does 75 or so.

Old battery one was far smoother below 25 than this one though, i attribute that to the tires primarily right now... old one had DOT tires on it that weren't too meaty, new one has some really meaty things on it that i might ditch if i can make it make sense.

Thread Info