New Daily; GS350 F Sport

Just shy of 7 months ago I picked up a new to me '13 GS350 F-Sport. I had decided last year I wanted one of these cars and had planned to get one this summer. That timeline got accelerated when i got rear ended in my GXP Grand Prix in April. This car is a Nebula Grey Pearl with Cabernet interior, AWD, standard 3.5L V6, 6 speed trans, has the Mark Levinson stereo and I think pretty much all other options for the year.
I knew I wanted to do tints and lower it right away but no plans past that. But I ended up doing a few other things along the past few months. So i figured some may like it so ill post up the different things that I did.

Here is the day after I bought. The first thing I did was remove the front license plate bracket because it was just too much for me.

next up was the first and only performance item the car has. I replaced the factory air filter because I didn't know how old it was and also Lexus has a F Sport version, so why not. I dont know if Ill do anything else besides this because I'm at the point I like a reliable car over something loud everyday. Which was what my GXP was.

I got some weathertech front mats and a trunk liner in the mean time as well just dont have any pics of them right when I put them in. But here I got a Lexus clear protector for the rear bumper, hard to see there is a grey Lexus logo in the middle. I'm a traveling 3D printer tech and I'm always taking my tool box and parts out of the trunk and want to keep it as nice as I can. I'm no sticker application guru and got a few bubbles when doing it, so I may redo this next spring.

Next up i didn't like the tail lights much, too much red and grandma looking for me. The last few cars Ive had all had tinted tail lights too, just something I like. I was surprised no one repops the headlight or tail lights for these for insurance rebuilds. I couldn't justify getting a set from a dealer here being there were north of $1100 so I sourced a set of new tail lights from a guy in Japan. Surprisingly a set shipped from Japan was half the price. I did get some repop reflectors though to get done at the same time. These were painted with black/clear automotive paint. What I would consider the correct way to do it.

lights on in day time

brakes on in daytime

now that everything was getting darker on the car I didn't like the big chrome L in the grill and started looking for one I could swap out. Another thing while looking at it, the grills were just off to me. The upper grill was painted a silvery grey, the bottom was as molded satin-ish black, and the car is a different grey then the grill. So i went and got a second set of grills and had them both painted with gloss black and clear coated. I also found a set of black chrome L emblems which darken it up but still make it look like its factory. Also if you have one of these cars, you dont need to remove the bumper to get the grills out despite what the internet says.

top is new grill and emblem, lower is original

you can see the wheel spacers better here and how the tires fit much better to the lip

trunk emblems

Thread Info