🔧 BUILD CMNT does another Holden thing... Again

General Information

Just reserving space for Holden #2 in my life, as I do things to it.

2009 Sport Red Metallic G8 GT.

I don't have many pics, other than the ones I took in the parking garage the other day when someone (John), finally noticed my signature change.

1688794928582.png

fBzwGVJ.jpg

Lgs77xL.jpg

OfMLJjH.jpg

Car does have scuffs/scratches/etc that a 10 year old would. The previous owner must've hit a curb or something really good because the bottom of the front is cracked, and since this was a Florida car, lots of weatherstripping and other dry rotting. However, interior was spotless the car had less than 38k on it when I bought it. Also has the optional (and spotless) 19's and sunroof.

I'm not going to do a ton to it since it is to be a DD. Just more personalization things. Probably just stick to Intake and axle-backs.

Now with more interior pics;

kc5qnOB.jpg

WmY6n1F.jpg

lPS6yXO.jpg

OxdmGtf.jpg

iLn1c6d.jpg

05nV5Hy.jpg

is3K3qm.jpg

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I gotta take them first.

Wifey told me that a BIG box came today. That would be my new headlight assemblies from Rock Auto. The ones on the car, I spent about 2 hours with my FLEX last week and while I made a huge improvement, they still look crappy close up... So I bit the bullet. The HID's are coming too.

Then the LED tails and then I want to change my gauges from white to red (like I had Chris White do to my GTO as well as converting an '05 cluster to an '04 car). Jeff (Bohnmann) will do that.

CMNTMXR57

Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
good to know all them have terrible weather stripping all three G8 that I have stroked on all had the weather stripping completely gone. Made me worried about the amount of water sitting in the bottom of the doors

Things seem to be holding for now. With all the torrential downpours we've had lately (and I've been driving it in), I've been monitoring the floors for any wetness. None so far.

Unitsn4

Regular
Mar 30, 2015
The tune Speed Inc did on my cat back CAI 09 made a night and day difference. I had gift cards for Speed Inc (that I didn't ask for) and it only cost me another $50 out of pocket. I wasn't expecting to notice much if anything, but was completely surprised as to how much more responsive it was.

If you want an extra near new set of floor mats, you can have mine.

CMNTMXR57

Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I was gonna PM you eventually. I just don't have time to do it myself.

A couple nights ago, I did get a few chunks of what looked like some gum like stuff on the c-pillar and the hood with the FLEX. But then the next day, I found two more up on the roof by the antenna.

CMNTMXR57

Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I'm actually wondering if DOD has already been tuned out. I know on the Impala an icon comes on the dash when it is in 4 cyl mode. I have yet to see that on this thing (Maybe it doesn't have such a notification). I also haven't noticed the momentary lapse when it's in 4 cyl mode and going to all 8.

Of course, it could also be that the way I drive, it just hasn't had a chance to even engage... :D

Thread Info