Tesla Model X

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Had my teen in the car and he asked me to launch the car off the light since he hadn’t been in it since I’ve done a few new tweaks. I brake boosted until the light went green, and launched it hard...next thing a Tesla X pulled a car on me to the right...didn’t start reeling him in until about 80ish.

I don’t know if it’s someone on here, but I have a new respect for those things!

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I think (I could be wrong) there are only 2 of us on here that own Tesla’s. At least only 2 of us that actively post.

Myself and MikeK. Both of us have Model S cars and Mike just took delivery of a 3.

Either way the cars are quick even in their “slowest” trim.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Had my teen in the car and he asked me to launch the car off the light since he hadn’t been in it since I’ve done a few new tweaks. I brake boosted until the light went green, and launched it hard...next thing a Tesla X pulled a car on me to the right...didn’t start reeling him in until about 80ish.

I don’t know if it’s someone on here, but I have a new respect for those things!

Believe it or not if your car came anywhere near close to the X you raced the slow one. The fast one does 0-60 in 2.9 seconds and would have been in the next county before you let off the brake.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
agree to disagree.

looks is the least appealing thing about a tesla to me personally. especially this model.

featured_full_side.jpg

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Believe it or not if your car came anywhere near close to the X you raced the slow one. The fast one does 0-60 in 2.9 seconds and would have been in the next county before you let off the brake.

Agreed. Unless you are in some modified GTR or another very high HP awd car, it was the slow one. These cars are the king of light to light racing. There is very very little out there that could beat it, in a legit stop light to stop light race.

I even considered entering my S in a local simulated street race. (Running the race track backwards) after I posted up what I had it caused chaos. People basically saying they will not bother to race if they allowed me in. Or that I need to run with the extreme class, which is basically an unlimited big tire class.

.......... and I have the “slow version” rofl.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel

Although I do have an x drive with sticky tires. I’ve had my hat fly off launching this thing. If I was expecting to race it I think it would have been a drivers race until about 80ish. I started pulling on him hard about then. Think you’re right about it being a 75d; the 90 looks to run lowish 11’s, and I doubt mine is quicker than 12.30s with this set-up

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Although I do have an x drive with sticky tires. I’ve had my hat fly off launching this thing. If I was expecting to race it I think it would have been a drivers race until about 80ish. I started pulling on him hard about then. Think you’re right about it being a 75d; the 90 looks to run lowish 11’s, and I doubt mine is quicker than 12.30s with this set-up

Yeah I agree. I had your car. Rear wheel drive but no launch issues. It had turbo lag but once it came on it came on hard. My Ghibli is the same way. My S would be Vegas before the Ghibli spooled it's turbos though.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Yeah I agree. I had your car. Rear wheel drive but no launch issues. It had turbo lag but once it came on it came on hard. My Ghibli is the same way. My S would be Vegas before the Ghibli spooled it's turbos though.

I brake boosted...no lag at all. I'm flash only also. Once I get inlets and downpipes I'm getting a custom tune. I have a voltage divider on the TMAP to give me 21psi on top of the MHD tuning

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
You're braver than I ever was. In another life I'll get a 2011+ 740LI with the N54 and tune it just for fun.

Trust me, I was shooting for a 740...just couldn’t find one local in my price range. I was done with the 530, and told the wife if I got promoted again I was buying a car. Had to be around 10k tops. Two popped up local...a white 550 m sport with 100k, and the 535xi wagon with 60k...so I got the wagon. It’s heavy, and not a good platform for a road course, but it’s a lot of fun as a sleeper

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Trust me, I was shooting for a 740...just couldn’t find one local in my price range. I was done with the 530, and told the wife if I got promoted again I was buying a car. Had to be around 10k tops. Two popped up local...a white 550 m sport with 100k, and the 535xi wagon with 60k...so I got the wagon. It’s heavy, and not a good platform for a road course, but it’s a lot of fun as a sleeper

Nice. I miss my 535xi wagon. Put down some good power with below mods. Definitely was a sleeper.

7 inch VRSF Intercooler
VRSF downpipe
Aquamist METH Kit (wired to windshield washer resevoir)
Evolution Racewerks Diverter Valve Charge Pipe with TIAL Q Blow Off Valve
Oil Catch Can
COBB Accessport V3

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Raced a Model S p90 twice on the way home from Strats. Had my boys in the car at the time too. I had him by a few cars up to 80ish, and walked him pretty hard from a 40 roll. My kid was doing the rowing thing out the window too. Good times...thing had dealer plates on it too

Thread Info