Forum Register TCG Mobile Casino Live Posting Feed Garage Arcade Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   The Chicago Garage > Community > Member Rides & Sightings

User Tag List

Like Tree48Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-17-2018, 03:11 PM   #1
 
muskie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Palatine
Posts: 1,601
Casino cash: $14907649
0.54 per day
Default mmuscare's 2018 Tacoma Off Road

Been a long time since I've gotten to post up something interesting on here so I present my 2018 TRD Offroad Tacoma.

The wife-to-be and I have really gotten into outdoor activities and have been interested in the idea of weekend trips and camping around the country. Longer term goal is a teardrop style off road trailer that can accompany us on our adventures.






Planned Mods
Swap the grill for the TRD Pro
Lorado Roll-up bed cover
Nice dashcam setup
Window tint
Clazzio Leather Seat Covers
Speaker upgrade

This thing is more than capable of anything I want to do right now or the near future so no power or suspension mods for the forseeable future.

I was doing some research on the forum last night about discussions on Tacos and I know they weren't getting much love here but I really dig it. This is my first truck and looking forward to many adventures going forward.
__________________
2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
muskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 03:12 PM   #2
Escrow shortage crew
 
DEEZUZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NWI
Posts: 43,010
Casino cash: $98563001
11.04 per day
Default

I'm ok with this
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.bu View Post
I had a girl like that once. Everytime I put my hand down her pants, it felt like feeding oats to a horse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
THIS IS TCG, DOES IT LOOK LIKE WE CARE WHAT IT COSTS!??!?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mook View Post
That's a nice dick.


DEEZUZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 03:19 PM   #3
TCGs Far Right Leader
 
Chester Copperpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Shithole, IL
Posts: 29,091
Casino cash: $6807400
8.65 per day
Default

I have the weirdest boner right now. There's 2 or 3 desert color brand new Tacomas in my area that I'm always snapping my neck to see.
muskie, Pewter-Camaro and N20GT like this.
Chester Copperpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 03:20 PM   #4
 
muskie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Palatine
Posts: 1,601
Casino cash: $14907649
0.54 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
I have the weirdest boner right now. There's 2 or 3 desert color brand new Tacomas in my area that I'm always snapping my neck to see.
Quicksand is my favorite color but I kinda fell in love with the Cement Grey last night
muskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 04:48 PM   #5
Bub
Pitter Patter
 
Bub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pistakee Highlands
Posts: 12,147
Casino cash: $13859643
4.84 per day
Default

Well... This is neat
__________________
'18 Silverado LT
'02 Aero Cub 21' Hybrid
Bub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 05:11 PM   #6
2015 Acura MDX
 
MikeyLikesIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Downers Grove
Posts: 2,460
Casino cash: $22513600
0.67 per day
Default

Congrats! I miss my old Tacoma.
__________________
2015 Acura MDX
2014 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium
2019 Volt Premier

MikeyLikesIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 05:33 PM   #7
rumble baby rumble
 
Blood on Blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 35,838
Casino cash: $114515300
6.87 per day
Default

Congrats. Nice truck.
__________________
Dave
17 Mustang GT
17 Pilot AWD
15 Elantra
Blood on Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 07:49 PM   #8
The Midnight Sweeper
 
SleeperLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sandia Mountain
Posts: 10,778
Casino cash: $72209675
2.74 per day
Default

Very nice purchase!
__________________
2010 Toyota Tundra 4wd SR5 TRD Offroad
2017 Can Am Maverick Max X3 XDS

SleeperLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 07:04 AM   #9
Harbor Master
 
Yaj Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 87,868
Casino cash: $144279000
19.79 per day
Default

i like dis
__________________
01 525i
01 turbo pricks
13 gas 3500hd cclb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
TCG: We pull vanity fair models in our F150ís because Teslaís are unsafe.
Yaj Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:22 AM   #10
 
ragingclue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,779
Casino cash: $26094500
0.87 per day
Default

Very nice truck, I'm also a big fan of the cement and quicksand colors.
ragingclue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:26 AM   #11
 
muskie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Palatine
Posts: 1,601
Casino cash: $14907649
0.54 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaj Yak View Post
i like dis
I have to admit your bed buildout thread and Emerson's trailer offroad build are what really inspired me to look into doing something similar but obviously step one was ditch the soccer mom SUV I had and get something capable

Yaj Yak likes this.
muskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:34 AM   #12
Harbor Master
 
Yaj Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 87,868
Casino cash: $144279000
19.79 per day
Default

that's awesome

im excited to see where you take this build.

the aftermarket for taco's is so hyuuuuuge

not to mention, taco's are one of very few vehicles where tasteful mods typically increase overall value. so awesome.
Chester Copperpot likes this.
Yaj Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:35 AM   #13
Harbor Master
 
Yaj Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 87,868
Casino cash: $144279000
19.79 per day
Default

think long and hard about the bed cover you go with since that will influence your entire build direction really.



im a nerd in that i love the racks on the taco's.
BADAZZTEALCOBRA likes this.
Yaj Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:45 AM   #14
Washington knows best
 
Lead Pipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 12,896
Casino cash: $46964799
4.05 per day
Default

I have a soft spot for Tacos. Where do you do your outdoor activities?
Chester Copperpot likes this.
__________________
DSR
R.I.P. Ramon
Lead Pipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:53 AM   #15
Harbor Master
 
Yaj Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 87,868
Casino cash: $144279000
19.79 per day
Default

outside
Chester Copperpot and wolfe like this.
Yaj Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:53 AM   #16
Harbor Master
 
Yaj Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 87,868
Casino cash: $144279000
19.79 per day
Default

Yaj Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:56 AM   #17
Washington knows best
 
Lead Pipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 12,896
Casino cash: $46964799
4.05 per day
Default

Yaj Yak and Chester Copperpot like this.
Lead Pipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 10:58 AM   #18
in black sheep's clothing
 
wolfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
Posts: 17,484
Casino cash: $4800000
4.30 per day
Default

Sharp truck! Congrats!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IZZy View Post
We have the GFY chromosome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon03 View Post
my vagina to big for your little jaun peepee
wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 11:06 AM   #19
 
muskie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Palatine
Posts: 1,601
Casino cash: $14907649
0.54 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaj Yak View Post
think long and hard about the bed cover you go with since that will influence your entire build direction really.



im a nerd in that i love the racks on the taco's.
I don't know if I want to do the full rack setup or just go the trailer route. While I love the idea of a RTT on a rack I'm thinking realistically more often than not we would be in a "base camp" type of situation. Take a day trip deeper into the woods either via truck, hike, or kayaking and then returning to camp for the night. That is why the teardrop idea appeals to me. I don't want to have to mount and remount the rack every weekend because I'm not going to daily it with that.

Still up in the air though and the rack / tent combo may be the most versatile. I was thinking soft roll cover but maybe it would be worth checking out harder covers that are bed rack compatible so that things can be stored under the rack. I just wanted a soft roll-up like the Lorado so I don't lose space in the already short bed if I actually needed it. I could always remove the cover though if I needed as they aren't that hard to install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Pipe View Post
I have a soft spot for Tacos. Where do you do your outdoor activities?
Right now it is mainly hikes and exploring stateland and parks in IL and WI. My future mother-in-law lives up in Door County so it would be nice to get some Kayaks or braap machines for up there. We don't own any toys yet and we had no way to really haul them.

One thing I absolutely want to do is the TWAT (Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail) and camp along the way. I've never really been to some of the scenic outdoor areas around us as we never did that growing up and I'd really like to just see the country in general. I know there are similar roads across the country and hope to be able to plan and do those soon. This truck is so capable stock I can use the money saved on mods for good gear or toys to really enjoy the destinations
Yaj Yak likes this.
muskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 11:59 AM   #20
If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
 
Gav'sPurpleZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pingree Grove IL
Posts: 31,840
Casino cash: $95494950
7.66 per day
Default

Love the color, congrats on the new truck !
__________________
1998 Z/28 1 of 95 BPM
Enough bolt ons / DRs
2016 GMC SIERRA SLT

Gav Details on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/c/GavDetails
https://www.instagram.com/gavdetails/
Gav'sPurpleZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 12:49 PM   #21
Harbor Master
 
Yaj Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 87,868
Casino cash: $144279000
19.79 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskie View Post
I don't know if I want to do the full rack setup or just go the trailer route. While I love the idea of a RTT on a rack I'm thinking realistically more often than not we would be in a "base camp" type of situation. Take a day trip deeper into the woods either via truck, hike, or kayaking and then returning to camp for the night. That is why the teardrop idea appeals to me. I don't want to have to mount and remount the rack every weekend because I'm not going to daily it with that.

Still up in the air though and the rack / tent combo may be the most versatile. I was thinking soft roll cover but maybe it would be worth checking out harder covers that are bed rack compatible so that things can be stored under the rack. I just wanted a soft roll-up like the Lorado so I don't lose space in the already short bed if I actually needed it. I could always remove the cover though if I needed as they aren't that hard to install.



Right now it is mainly hikes and exploring stateland and parks in IL and WI. My future mother-in-law lives up in Door County so it would be nice to get some Kayaks or braap machines for up there. We don't own any toys yet and we had no way to really haul them.

One thing I absolutely want to do is the TWAT (Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail) and camp along the way. I've never really been to some of the scenic outdoor areas around us as we never did that growing up and I'd really like to just see the country in general. I know there are similar roads across the country and hope to be able to plan and do those soon. This truck is so capable stock I can use the money saved on mods for good gear or toys to really enjoy the destinations

there are soft roll covers that are bike rack compatible

ill find our bed accessories thread, i think ive posted some.

that's a REALLY sweet option because then you can have stuff dry and secure along with be able to have bikes accessible... and past that if you need to carry a tall something you aren't limited.

biggest thing with my truck is it to be modular/easy really... the fridge/platform/shelves come out within 5 minutes from inside.

i wish i had a bigger garage so i could get the entire cap off faster- id setup a pulley system and lift it right off... in time.



I'd love to rip the twat... maybe we could chase the enduro bros on here and provide truck support for them hmmmm
Yaj Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:49 AM   #22
 
muskie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Palatine
Posts: 1,601
Casino cash: $14907649
0.54 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaj Yak View Post
there are soft roll covers that are bike rack compatible

ill find our bed accessories thread, i think ive posted some.

that's a REALLY sweet option because then you can have stuff dry and secure along with be able to have bikes accessible... and past that if you need to carry a tall something you aren't limited.

biggest thing with my truck is it to be modular/easy really... the fridge/platform/shelves come out within 5 minutes from inside.

i wish i had a bigger garage so i could get the entire cap off faster- id setup a pulley system and lift it right off... in time.



I'd love to rip the twat... maybe we could chase the enduro bros on here and provide truck support for them hmmmm
TCG TWAT Tour 2019 sounds awesome!

I'm starting to lean towards the hard Tri-Fold covers compatible with a mid height bed rack. That way I can possibly store some things under the rack on the cover and leave the option for a RTT. I think for things like bikes I'll stick to my hitch mounted carrier since if I go the teardrop route later I can always add a hitch mount to the rear of the trailer and use that. I'll be able to keep semi secure storage with the locking bed cover then.

I've seen a few pulley systems on YouTube for bed racks and tents. Just back the truck in and winch the whole setup onto the truck easily. That would be ideal.
muskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 09:40 AM   #23
Harbor Master
 
Yaj Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 87,868
Casino cash: $144279000
19.79 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskie View Post
TCG TWAT Tour 2019 sounds awesome!

I'm starting to lean towards the hard Tri-Fold covers compatible with a mid height bed rack. That way I can possibly store some things under the rack on the cover and leave the option for a RTT. I think for things like bikes I'll stick to my hitch mounted carrier since if I go the teardrop route later I can always add a hitch mount to the rear of the trailer and use that. I'll be able to keep semi secure storage with the locking bed cover then.

I've seen a few pulley systems on YouTube for bed racks and tents. Just back the truck in and winch the whole setup onto the truck easily. That would be ideal.
SO MANY OPTIONS



ease is definitely the name of the game for all of this
Yaj Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:06 AM   #24
 
muskie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Palatine
Posts: 1,601
Casino cash: $14907649
0.54 per day
Default

First couple of mods were accomplished a few weeks back. Big thanks to Dave (@02BlueGt) for helping out and letting me borrow his driveway.

Added a Pop-N-Lock Auto Lock for the tailgate

TRD Pro Style Grill


Access Lorado Rollup Cover


So far I love the locking tailgate and cover combo. Obviously not the most secure but gives me a little piece of mind while out and about. I don't leave anything in the bed so this is just more to keep things out of sight and keep all the leaves and junk out.

I like the style of this grill better and I plan on deleting most of the rest of the chrome. The Pro grill fits that chrome delete style better IMO.

Next up is window tint to match factory and then 12v power in the bed and aux panel under the hood for an eventual Switch Pro setup to run a couple lights.
muskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 10:46 AM   #25
Chevy Humper
 
EmersonHart13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 44,980
Casino cash: $54020000
10.26 per day
Default

How was the pop lock install?
EmersonHart13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
no new posts