🔧 BUILD Pratt's 997.1 911 Turbo

General Information

I have been kicking around the idea of buying a 911 Turbo for years now. I love the 930, 964, and 993 are all out of my price range. Air cooled Porsche are pulling insane money right now. But the 996 (2001-2005) and 997.1 (2007-2008) were in my price range. Not like anything is wrong with them by any means. They started out with 415hp in 2001 up to 480hp in 2007. Plus they have AWD. And let's not forget the incredible torque they make.

After looking for a while I decided to hunt down a 997.1 for a few reasons. It still looks modern (especially the interior), it has an upgraded AWD system over the 996, has variable geometry turbos that spool quickly and make great torque just about anywhere, and it has round headlight. haha But a big reason to get a 2007-early 2009 was the 2010 cars had a different motor and were mostly dual clutch cars. The pre 2010 car used the famously reliable Mezger engine.

The car doesn't have a lot of options. But it has the two main ones I wanted. Locking diff and Sports Chrono package. It has heated seats, Porsche insignia in the headrests, sport steering wheel, and Bose stereo adds a nice touch in the interior. But more than anything it was the color I wanted. I didn't want a silver or black one. It seems those two colors make up like 90% of these cars.

Here are some pic for now. Mook said he would shank me if I didn't post up about the car. So after two days of lots of driving, I took a few pics. So it is a little dirty.

1688754856779.png

ova7Qc0.jpg

LszMp3F.jpg

OsSjeJS.jpg

qLWqzVX.jpg

hkzQVJM.jpg

6nxHLsx.jpg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Thanks, everyone. It is a blast to drive. It is just so balanced. The ride quality is very good and handling is inane. The front is so light it turn-in with ease. I can't wait to get it on a road course. But I will say it has some things I plan to change or upgrade. There is always room for improvement. Right? lol

Glad you were able to find one you wanted. Love the way this one looks!

After waiting this long I wasn't going to buy something I wasn't happy with. I am glad I held out. But man, it is hard to shop these things as there are not many for sale.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Thanks everyone

Your transformation into full blown old guy yuppie has been completed! lol

Congrats that's a badass car! Did you sell the Mustang already?

lol no polo shirts will be worn. I am bringing down the average for Porsche owners. hahaha

Mustang was parted out and is gone. I have to sell the parts still.

Absolutely awesome, how much do these cars go for any more? I’ve long loved the early 2000’s 911’s.

The ones with the stick are more desireable. The auto isn't horrible but it isn't a dual clutch. So the manual trans cars for 2001-2005 cars are anywhere from high 30's for higher mileage rougher condition up to about 60k for a nice, lower mileage X50 cars. The 2005 Turbo S cars are bringing big bucks. All the 2001-2009 manual Turbo cars are real strong. Most 2007-2009 are about 75-85. Some low mileage, high options cars, are well over that. In the 2007+ cars you can probably have 50k in options.

Congrats. What kind of 1/4 mile times does that thing run? [emoji4]
Low 11's stock. Who keeps them stock though? lol

Very cool :bigthumb: Where’d you find this one?

This one was actually in Naperville. Porsche buyers are big on Pre Purchase Inspections. They were cool enough to let me and a buddy do the inspection at his shop. We found a lot of good and only one bad mechanical issue. They even have a rev range report that the ECU keeps. Basically, it counts the ignitions per revolution in each rev range. There are 5 rev ranges. I believe they are Rev range one and two are nothing to be concerned. A few in three is not uncommon. Four and five show abuse from overrev or missed shifts. This car had hardly any in range two. So doubtful the car was abused too much.

AAJqXnE.jpg

Cool and all...but its no 03 Cobra

For the money I was looking to spend, I wondered if I would be able to buy a 03 cobra instead. I couldn't.

About time Pratt, you've been nutswinging off these for too long not to pull the trigger!

Next time I visit you I want a ride!

Ya, been a long time coming. lol

No problem on that ride.

Congratulations man! Little jelly as that is the exact color and year I would get! Beautiful car.

You need one. Do it! haha