Sprayin Gets a Coyote

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
As much as I was one of the biggest 3v nutswingers out there, it was just time for an Upgrayedd.

Kinda went into a dealership just to poke around. Saw a few Mustangs, but nothing I really liked. Said things like "this would get gapped by a 3v" and was generally disappointed. Then the guy pulled up a premium and was like "sit in it". Started it up annnnnnnnnnnndddddddd I was sold. They didn't have the options I was looking for at this dealership. So I started looking online and found the car that was optioned out exactly the way I wanted.

It is a 2018 Mustang GT Premium. I wanted the GT performance pack, I wanted it in a color that you can't find on a Mercedes C class, and I wanted it to be an automatic. Drove 60 miles north and a few long and agonizing hours later, she was mine.

This thing is simply amazing. The 10 speed automatic is fantastic. I never thought I'd say that about an auto. And wow does this thing scoot. Even compared to my brother's 2014 Coyote with boltons, this thing feels like a rocketship.

I'm gunna miss banging the 3v off the limiter but even after driving this thing just for a few short minutes, I'm sure that'll fade quickly.

20180421_192228.jpg
20180421_192720.jpg

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Yellow would be be amazing! Didnt see a single yellow one in any configuration on a lot here and I went to 5 or so dealers.

Ive really grown to love mine for the simple fact Ive only seen 2 Black Accent 5.0s in yellow like mine.

Congrats on the new car!! I really need to at least find an A10 car and take one for a rip!!

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Let me know what you think of the trans after a few miles. The one I drove (am driving now) is mushy and slow-shifting at low speeds in everything but Track mode. Almost feels like a CVT. And the converter locks way early and bogs the engine, even bucks at low speeds like a manual. It rips at WOT, but low speed performance is disappointing. Perhaps it’s a problem with this particular car. The paddle shifters are slow too. WOT performance is holy shit good.

Thread Info