Forum Register TCG Mobile Casino Live Posting Feed Garage Arcade Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   The Chicago Garage > Community > Member Rides & Sightings

User Tag List

Like Tree294Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-26-2017, 09:03 PM   #301
 
98GrandPrixIraqVet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Nowheresville North Dakota
Posts: 13,670
Casino cash: $123631500
8.51 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1EVILV View Post
Should of bought a used charger hellcat.....

Big, roomy, comfortable to drive, great features......oh and it fucking flies for 4500lbs
if it was remotely in the same ballpark pricewise. i bet that mustang he has now was at least 15k less than any hellpig he'd find.

dont get me wrong id rock a used hellpig too but the price gap is pretty big vs. a used 5.0

if i could dump mine for 29- 30k id be all over a used pig too.
98GrandPrixIraqVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 09:13 PM   #302
 
HellPIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Mount Prospect
Posts: 927
Casino cash: $16625300
0.38 per day
Default

Challengers have dipped into the high 40's now......with LOW miles.

There is a Charger selling locally for 52k with 13,000 miles. I would be surprised if it lasted more than a week.
__________________
2016 Hellcat
Daily driver
[email protected] 1.49 60' with the carseats....
Tuned by Tim Barth
HellPIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 09:13 PM   #303
 
TCG Member 5219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,450
Casino cash: $51139698
2.39 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1EVILV View Post
Should of bought a used charger hellcat.....

Big, roomy, comfortable to drive, great features......oh and it fucking flies for 4500lbs
That's next week. Lol
DanJoy and 98GrandPrixIraqVet like this.
TCG Member 5219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 09:13 PM   #304
 
HellPIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Mount Prospect
Posts: 927
Casino cash: $16625300
0.38 per day
Default

do it.....lol
HellPIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 09:26 PM   #305
 
98GrandPrixIraqVet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Nowheresville North Dakota
Posts: 13,670
Casino cash: $123631500
8.51 per day
Default

agreed but like i said i bet its still 15k more than what he paid for any hellpig you can find forsale.

cheapest ive found was a black charger hellpig for 48k with like 28k miles on it.
98GrandPrixIraqVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 10:42 PM   #306
 
TCG Member 5219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,450
Casino cash: $51139698
2.39 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98GrandPrixIraqVet View Post
agreed but like i said i bet its still 15k more than what he paid for any hellpig you can find forsale.

cheapest ive found was a black charger hellpig for 48k with like 28k miles on it.
Yeah and I wouldnt want a car with that many miles for that money. I'd lease one though.
98GrandPrixIraqVet likes this.
TCG Member 5219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 11:06 PM   #307
Coyote Nut Swinger
 
GLIGTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: C-Ville
Posts: 391
Casino cash: $9242100
0.15 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXMustang View Post
And wouldnt you know I ended up in another mustang.
Now that's what I call a happy ending...
Ryan02Stang likes this.
__________________
-2013 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack 6MT
BMR Suspension, Tuning by AED, [email protected]
-2008 VW Jetta Wolfsburg 2.0T DSG daily grinder
"It's not what you drive, it's how you drive it" -Clarkson
GLIGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 11:23 PM   #308
The Midnight Sweeper
 
SleeperLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sandia Mountain
Posts: 10,723
Casino cash: $71504675
2.75 per day
Default

I like the color combo. Probably more of an enjoyable cruising experience as well.
98GrandPrixIraqVet likes this.
__________________
2010 Toyota Tundra 4wd SR5 TRD Offroad
2017 Can Am Maverick Max X3 XDS

SleeperLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 12:22 AM   #309
 
TCG Member 5219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,450
Casino cash: $51139698
2.39 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeperLS View Post
I like the color combo. Probably more of an enjoyable cruising experience as well.
Oh completely. I was on the way home from work today. Auto climate set to 70, with the cooled seats on low listening to my siriusxm.
TCG Member 5219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 09:12 AM   #310
Nemo me impune lacessit
 
Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Woodsticks, IL
Posts: 62,478
Casino cash: $169767200
15.14 per day
Default

I had great experience with Lund on the GT500, not sure how they're behind the times exactly. Their tune was always great to me.
TCG Member 5219 likes this.
__________________
2019 RAM 1500 Limited 4x4 CCLB
2008 BMW 535i - MHD tuned
2004 BMW 330xi - kids cruiser
2004 VW New Beetle 2.0
2018 KTM 500 EXC-F
2018 Skidoo Renegade Backcountry X 850
2015 Polaris Indy SP 800
Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 10:31 AM   #311
212
 
212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 127
Casino cash: $2210000
0.10 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
I had great experience with Lund on the GT500, not sure how they're behind the times exactly. Their tune was always great to me.
I've worked with both AED and LUND. My car is currently tuned by LUND. They were a little slow with my initial tune when I went to FI. This past week the site shows that they are 10-12 days behind on requests. However, they had my 100 octane revisions done in 3 days total. The dyno numbers are fantastic. Trans shifts really sharp and crisp. My AED tune was N/A (14 Coyote)and that was a positive experience as well.
TCG Member 5219 likes this.
212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 08:24 AM   #312
Two Dollars
 
Terminator-Fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,718
Casino cash: $6461505
0.50 per day
Default

I've read that birds like shitting on maroon cars too.
Jeffs FRC and RedBeard like this.
Terminator-Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 08:28 AM   #313
 
Jeffs FRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Carpentersville
Posts: 2,448
Casino cash: $29639000
0.52 per day
Default

^^lmao!
__________________
'15 Mustang GT
'17 Exploder Sport
'09 HD Street Glide
Jeffs FRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 08:42 AM   #314
 
1quick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: coal city
Posts: 19,104
Casino cash: $140742447
4.59 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakbearddelite View Post
I recommend getting upgraded half shafts.
You snap one? How so? I've had good luck with the stock ones but the car doesn't hook at low enough speeds to really hurt much anyways
__________________
2016 GT 5.slow
1quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 08:44 AM   #315
 
1quick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: coal city
Posts: 19,104
Casino cash: $140742447
4.59 per day
Default

Congrats on the new car, needs more boost
1quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 08:49 AM   #316
 
Jeffs FRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Carpentersville
Posts: 2,448
Casino cash: $29639000
0.52 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1quick View Post
You snap one? How so? I've had good luck with the stock ones but the car doesn't hook at low enough speeds to really hurt much anyways
Doesn't seem like the auto cars need them. Manual cars on a sticky tire is highly recommended.
1quick likes this.
Jeffs FRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 09:19 AM   #317
 
1quick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: coal city
Posts: 19,104
Casino cash: $140742447
4.59 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffs FRC View Post
Doesn't seem like the auto cars need them. Manual cars on a sticky tire is highly recommended.
I've seen quite a few autos make some good passes on sticky tires and be fine, I was just wondering the circumstances around his issue, I know lots of manual cars have had issues
1quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 09:28 AM   #318
Forum Sponsor
 
Angela@KRWINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: McHenry, IL
Posts: 372
Casino cash: $8580000
0.30 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXMustang View Post
Oh completely. I was on the way home from work today. Auto climate set to 70, with the cooled seats on low listening to my siriusxm.
Hey, do you want 20" Forgestar Rims & Summer tires that came off of Paul's '14 GT Track Pack? He took pics of them but hasn't posted the ad yet. Since you live in the area, you can stop by & take a look at them.
Angela@KRWINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 10:56 AM   #319
 
Jeffs FRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Carpentersville
Posts: 2,448
Casino cash: $29639000
0.52 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hey, do you want 20" Forgestar Rims & Summer tires that came off of Paul's '14 GT Track Pack? He took pics of them but hasn't posted the ad yet. Since you live in the area, you can stop by & take a look at them.
These would look sick on this car! If you don't like the black my powder guy does awesome work in Woodstock
[email protected] likes this.
Jeffs FRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 11:17 AM   #320
Forum Sponsor
 
Angela@KRWINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: McHenry, IL
Posts: 372
Casino cash: $8580000
0.30 per day
Default

@ZXMustang, they are black, so this would be easy to do.
Angela@KRWINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 12:39 PM   #321
I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
 
blakbearddelite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: South Elgin, IL
Posts: 24,216
Casino cash: $9649504
5.54 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1quick View Post
You snap one? How so? I've had good luck with the stock ones but the car doesn't hook at low enough speeds to really hurt much anyways
I chalked it up to me being stupid. I thought I'd be better off just doing a quick dusting of the tires and forgo the water box. I was just going to give the tires a chirp and clean them off. But I believe I snapped the half shaft doing exactly that. Had I gone through the water box and done a regular burn-out, I probably would have been fine. The wet tires wouldn't have hooked as hard and put the strain on the axles. I'm guessing that the mashing of the gas on sticky tires did it. I never made it off the line.

As soon as I finished the burn-out, I started rolling to the staging lights. That's when I knew something went wrong. The car was not idling forward as quickly as it should have. And eventually the car would just not move forward in gear at all. I was able to reverse it out of the staging lanes and then reverse stopped working. And that was it.

I was really bummed. Tomorrow I was supposed to drop the car off at the shop for the blower install. The new axles arrive on the 31st and hopefully that'll go quickly. I don't know when I'll be able to get back in the shop's queue, hopefully sooner than later.
__________________
2015 Mustang GT - KB2.8 and other goodies
2015 Infiniti Q50
blakbearddelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 12:56 PM   #322
 
1quick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: coal city
Posts: 19,104
Casino cash: $140742447
4.59 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakbearddelite View Post
I chalked it up to me being stupid. I thought I'd be better off just doing a quick dusting of the tires and forgo the water box. I was just going to give the tires a chirp and clean them off. But I believe I snapped the half shaft doing exactly that. Had I gone through the water box and done a regular burn-out, I probably would have been fine. The wet tires wouldn't have hooked as hard and put the strain on the axles. I'm guessing that the mashing of the gas on sticky tires did it. I never made it off the line.

As soon as I finished the burn-out, I started rolling to the staging lights. That's when I knew something went wrong. The car was not idling forward as quickly as it should have. And eventually the car would just not move forward in gear at all. I was able to reverse it out of the staging lanes and then reverse stopped working. And that was it.

I was really bummed. Tomorrow I was supposed to drop the car off at the shop for the blower install. The new axles arrive on the 31st and hopefully that'll go quickly. I don't know when I'll be able to get back in the shop's queue, hopefully sooner than later.
That sucks sorry to hear that
1quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 02:53 PM   #323
 
TCG Member 5219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,450
Casino cash: $51139698
2.39 per day
Default

Dry hops are the worst.
TCG Member 5219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
no new posts