West of the Rockies & Tesla Content Mashup

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
We've been getting a buttload of rain out here but if you jump 30 minutes north into the mountains that turns into snow. Today I decided to check out the Tesla's all wheel drive and since I've never posted pictures of the P85D... tada!

It was 55 degrees and partly cloudy 30 minutes away. I love this city.

04da652b7c56587a425764e103e5dc64.jpg

a732177b8ef9f06868e746d178f167f9.jpg

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
^bolts first year in production. As all cars I would not buy the first year, also I personally feel the bolt will depreciate hard.

Mike how did the tesla do? I've heard nothing but good things about the awd and trac control. That it's way more advanced than any gas vehicle out there.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
^bolts first year in production. As all cars I would not buy the first year, also I personally feel the bolt will depreciate hard.

Mike how did the tesla do? I've heard nothing but good things about the awd and trac control. That it's way more advanced than any gas vehicle out there.

He has been talking about selling the i3 for several months, he might not even buy until year 2.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008

No, I wouldn't want two all electrics in case of armageddon.

I was trying to break traction and you can do it but it catches itself really quickly. On the rainy roads it's not even funny. It launches about 80% of normal which is still enough to have people doing a WTF when they see that happening on a rainy day.

Also yes ditch that i3. It's a laughable car. Except for where you live since California has electric car love everywhere

I don't mind the i3. It's quite a nice car and the interior is loads better than the Volt. The Volt would just be more usable though. I didn't anticipate the trunk in the i3 being as small as it is. You can barely go grocery shopping with it. We got such a great deal on it that we can easily buy out the lease and sell it though. So I'm not feeling the pressure.

That car looks badass. Is the awd a 50/50 split?

I think it defers to rear wheel drive for performance and then to front wheel drive for cruising since the front motor is a lot smaller. There is no real 50/ 50 split since there's a front motor and a rear motor and the rear motor makes more power than the front. So you'd never have a situation where all the power is at the rear wheels or at the front. The beauty of it is that it can instantly react to slippage to the point where you never feel the car slipping.

Thread Info