Let me SHO you my new car

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Ya know, because FORD. (driver returns on foot)

They're not a fucked over rebuilt dodge, but as a kid 2 cars always stuck out to be absolutely the coolest cars in the world to me. Why? Honestly, as a kid, I thought anything with a dual exhaust was the fastest car in the world. Combine that with that DOHC 24V badge on the front fender and you have yourself 2 of my all time favorite cars. This is 100% TEAM OCTANE-esk, but I've always told myself if I can get some minty versions of those cars without ruining my credit/budget, I'm going to get them.

The CSVT couldn't have come at a worse time. I was trying to get my townhouse on the market and needed every penny to get it looking nice enough to sell. Bam, a CL ad with a car that seemed just about perfect. I went to look at it, the owner was absolutely amazing and a huge enthusiast, so the car was just so damn well taken care of I couldn't turn it down. Aside from needing a new fenders (rust at the bottom, waiting for a part out for new ones from a guy) it's an absolute dream. It's so quiet and smooth, handles crazy awesome with the suspension that's on it. Just a dream come true.

This GD SHO though, this stupid car was on my radar since Ryan (Syp) owned it years and years ago. I wanted it so bad. Well, fortunately about 1 week ago I sold that townhouse and told myself I would buy it as a celebration gift to... myself. Unfortunately it does need A LOT of TLC for it to be at #10secspec, but I have it and I will make it absolutely minty, more minty than when Syp owned it.

I don't usually make these posts and I really don't take too many pictures, but I will post the before/after of things they (the SVTC and SHO) need through this thread. I want to try to make a thread that everyone else makes that I LOVE, but never actually made on my own.

For now, I give you, the SHO, SVTC, and the really mad it only gets tracked and not driven, S2000.

20160723_181809_zpsqs4kdrsx.jpg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Congratulations on the SHO. Eric did a good deal of work on the car. Should be ready for thrashing at the track.

He moved on to... much bigger things, which I'm sure he'll post about in time. Things so big they make me ask myself why TF he owned an early 90's Taurus.

We couldn't understand the purchase either. Hahaha

Then he took my idea for my next car. Such a prick.lol

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Congratulations on the SHO. Eric did a good deal of work on the car. Should be ready for thrashing at the track.

We couldn't understand the purchase either. Hahaha

Then he took my idea for my next car. Such a prick.lol

:rofl: Well then, his current project makes a shit ton of sense. His house is like.... my dream house. 3 car garage? Ohhh yea? That's THE FRONT of the house :rofl: Super cool dude too.

Your more likely to have issues with CVST then SHO. I know I have owned 3 of them. :jg:

Trust me, I know. I am so scared of breaking the Contour, but I am at a point where I can accept spinning a bearing when I track it. I personally think it'll be fine, it has had a very good life. Just about everything that can break on them has been fixed by the PO and he supplied every receipt for the repairs. He spent 3x the price I paid for the car in repairs over the years he owned it. If that was me, I would have just burned it to the ground.

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Moar pics! Not gonna lie, I too (like Syp) an a recovering major SHOaholic (had 6 of them). If I had the room and the money, would have one still in the garage.

I will definitely post more pics. I won't have time today to do anything to it, but soon I promise.

Do these cars really drive that well? Or is it more of a nostalgic thing.

I'm about to find out. I only drove it home but I got a decent feel for it. Seems like it will handle quite well, but I'm not expecting it to be anywhere near my s2000. I'd be happy if it was about as fast as bolt-on Integra GSR's or so.

God damn it , which car did you just buy , the green or silver car ? :D

I now realize how confusing that is :rofl: I bought the Silver car about 4 months ago and just bought the green one.

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
pretty cool to see these owned by someone that appreciates them. i doubt they will be ragged out or trashed on.

nice!

as for the old cars like this me personally id do some bad things for a black white or red gtx grand prix coupe.

I'd love me a GTX, but one in good enough shape for me would be big $$$.

Thread Info