Raging's 2016 Puke Green SS

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
So after having a deal fall through at the last minute after months of ordering then waiting and tracking a '15 order back when they came out with the manual, I gave up the ghost on the SS pursuit (some of you have heard this sob story in person). However, Jay Kay posted a thread on Friday about 20% off these things. So I looked up who had a manual in the area, and the only one I could really find was a Jungle Green one in Bloomington and headed straight there after work. I've only seen that color in pictures minus one time, but I didn't get a good look at it then. In pictures, I have to say I disliked the color a lot. Once I got there though, it really really changed my opinion. It's still a bit more obnoxious than I'd like, but it's not as retina burning as I had expected from all the pics.

The only options on it are 6MT and a sunroof, but the only one skipped out on was a full size spare.

It's really compliant yet buttoned down for such a big car. I'd like more exhaust note but the dual mode function is pretty nice. It's loud and poppy for a stock sedan people are confusing for a Malibu, that's for sure.

I've always loved Holdens and I really like how this car is balanced. I know the comparisons with the Charger say the SS comes up short in the back seat leg room, but there's still so much that I'm not even worried. It's a pretty big car...

What I HATE are all the driver "aides". Everything's always beeping at me and flashing all these goddamn lights. I like the HUD and some of the other stuff, but the lane departure warning and stuff like that is just annoying as shit. This car would have been better (IMHO) if they had offered a version here without all the bells and whistles for less money, but I guess it's kinda amazing they brought it here at all, and even more amazing they brought 6MT and MRC.

I don't know what the plans are for it. Probably a vararam and maybe a cam down the road. Don't look for this thing to be setting anyone's hair on fire, I don't have the money for that and on top of that, it already has enough power to put me beyond my comfort zone time and time again. The chrome bits have to go though, and I'm not sure I like the wheel change for '16. The previous ones were forged at least.

I'm eager to go for a cruise.

AKuosX.jpg

iLEEQt.jpg

2H0GyB.jpg

N9vwaC.jpg

P8CQaH.jpg

Nux2jU.jpg

AUTfmv.jpg

478tDX.jpg

Some shots as it sits today:
ObihYc.jpg

FE4vbg.jpg

nw0mrD.jpg

Last edited:

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
There are only a couple of options available so there is not much variance in MSRP across the board. They're a little under 50 and for simplicity's sake, it's about 10k off just under 50.

Under 40k. It was only 3-4k more than my Mustang had stickered for in '12 and it really only had Brembos and Recaros. You can negotiate from there but still it's amazing.

Only changes for next year (its last, and there is no like replacement) are paint chips. I think that's it.

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
Yeah I plan on doing that. Should I have waited to post a thread until I had pics in direct sunlight?

I'm actually looking to get it at dusk, but all I got is my phone and my non-existent photography sense. I was going to take pics today but the sun has been absent mostly.

Thread Info