Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
So this happened:

Both are Honda Elites,

The black one is a 97 with 7500 miles
The white one is a 00 with 2500 miles

Both ride perfectly, black ones a little banged up, but not really noticibly

We've been joking around about buying one for months since we knew we'd have a house, and the neighborhood yard sale this weekend provided the PAIR, from another couple at a pretty stupid low price as they hadn't ridden them as much as they hoped last year.

I commute to the train station daily, so this is kind of amazing on that front, and [MENTION=4700]Miss Esa[/MENTION] has been looking to get back on something with 2 wheels again for some time. The suburb we live in (Wheaton) is extremely friendly when it comes to back streets and being able to travel basically the whole city under 40mph without issue.

We just drove them both home, they are kind of hilarious and amazing.

Miss Esa

Just 3 raccoons in a trench coat.
Feb 4, 2012
Wheaton, IL
Real Name
Theresa
IMG_6195_zps60yiwyxp.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
those are hilarious. 49cc? 2-stroke? would braaap around town on while getting 100mpg

80cc 4 strokes, and yea, 1 gallon tank is good for about 100 miles

This thread is great :D . You guys need helmets if you don't have them already .

We both have full helmets already. I guess you don't legally have to wear anything other than eye protection on these, but being at speed in traffic I wouldn't be on these things without.

They should be 80cc 4-strokes.

Elites are the shit, so much fun for so little money.

They both need some minor maintenance stuff done, debating if I'm going to figure out how to ride them to the dealer, or learn how to do the repairs myself.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
They both need some minor maintenance stuff done, debating if I'm going to figure out how to ride them to the dealer, or learn how to do the repairs myself.

come on now. these are probably the easiest bike to work on. what exactly do they need? get a shop manual and learn how to work on them yourself. because you are probably as qualified as a tech at a honda dealer. most know the new stuff, not necessarily older stuff. if you're going to take it to a shop find an indie not a dealer

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
come on now. these are probably the easiest bike to work on. what exactly do they need? get a shop manual and learn how to work on them yourself. because you are probably as qualified as a tech at a honda dealer. most know the new stuff, not necessarily older stuff. if you're going to take it to a shop find an indie not a dealer

Black ones gas gauge doesn't read right, the front brake is super touchy, and I'm not 100% sure it's charging it's battery (they bought a new one and it went dead but tested good). Granted they still last for days without charging...

It also squeaks a bit as you take off, no idea why, no shimmys or shakes, accelerates smoothly.

White one needs a rear tire and a carb cleaning (needs to warm up longer than the black one). They said it occasionally leaves a drip of oil below it, but it's been sitting a day and my garage floor is dry, so I assume they were telling me more as an FYI, and not that it was critical.

I read these things don't have fuel filters, so I should add that to both.

I don't have a bike lift, but do have the OEM shop manual do-jigger with it on top of the manual.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
My dad tried to talk Scott into renting a golf cart....

Yeah, I did too. Just too expensive :rofl:. I could buy a beat up scooter for as much as they wanted for weekend rentals for the cart. We're going to see how he does on a bike this weekend, I can bring up my bikes and he can use them to coast down the hills.

He's having knee surgery in 3-4 weeks on his bum knee. Hopefully it finally fixes it.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Yeah, I did too. Just too expensive :rofl:. I could buy a beat up scooter for as much as they wanted for weekend rentals for the cart. We're going to see how he does on a bike this weekend, I can bring up my bikes and he can use them to coast down the hills.

He's having knee surgery in 3-4 weeks on his bum knee. Hopefully it finally fixes it.

Was it $300 for the weekend?

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
Also, just realized:

Can I bring my own golf cart, ATV, dirt bike, etc?

Spectators are NOT allowed to bring off-road vehicles on the property. In other words, the vehicle needs to be street licensed in order to use it on our property. Bicycles or street-licensed mopeds are acceptable modes of transportation around the facility but are not allowed in the paddock. Roller skates, roller blades, scooters (motorized or nonmotorized), and personal golf carts are NOT allowed.

Thread Info