2001 SOM WS6 Trans Am H/C/I build complete pics/vid

FastNick01

Feb 20, 2009
As it sits now, Cold start. Speed density tune and the weather was changing so idle was a little off.

Old setup, pre full suspension, rearend, wheels etc... Mustang dyno H/C/I +150shot on 10-bolt with stock speedlines, nitto 275's in back

CURRENT SETUP:

MOTOR: Thunder Racing T-Rex cam 244/250 610/615 lift on 110 LSA, heads are the stage 3 Patriots I do not recall the specs at the moment but I did not flycut the pistons. Combo works great. Fast Intake 92mm + Nick Williams Throttle Body. Fast toys 104mm lid, with Chris 1313 ram air setup, SLP underdrive, Meizier electric waterpump, no A/C, no power steering.

FUEL: 60lb injectors, ractronix kit with (2) 255 walbro pumps

EXHAUST: Kooks 1 7/8 headers, kooks catted Y, 3' cutout, hooker aerochamber.

SUSPENSION: Full Midwest Chassis Chromoly race suspension. Strange Breaks, Fabricated 9' with backbraces - 1.5' each side, Aluminum strange center section, moser 35 spline race axles, wavetrack system, richmond 4.33 gears, drag sway bar.

TRANSMISSION: Stock T56 ( I know I'm on borrowed time) quicktime bellhousing, Monster level 4+ clutch, billet aluminum flywheel

WHEELS: Bogart Welded R/T 15x3.5 front, 15x10 rears with Hoosier 28x11.5 QTP tires

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________

Setup made about 450rwhp on a speed density tune through a T56 and Fab 9' on motor on a dynojet
Right around 600 on the shot if I remember correctly.

Any questions about the setup please feel free to ask.
Camera used is the Sony handycam AX33 4K

Thanks for watching

FastNick01

Feb 20, 2009
Great! Now I miss my TA! :tear:

Sick build man! What'd it run on the old combo? Whats the goals for the new setup?

Thank you, it ran as follows

Ran low 13's @ 108 with just an SLP lid and chopped off muffler ( yeah I was young)
Ran 12.7's-12.8's @ 109-110 with the addition of headers and true duals dumped before the axle.
Ran 11.8's-11.9's @ 122-123 with 1.9+ 60ft with the addition of prostar/skinny fronts, spare/jack delete and 150 wet shot still on the 10-bolt n possibly a few more weight saving items removed

I have not ran the current setup at all with the addition of H/C/I and full suspension wheels tires etc... I'm hoping for mid 10's possibly low 10's on motor. The car weighs around 3000 lbs so we'll hopefully see some good times

FastNick01

Feb 20, 2009
X2...HOLY CRAP! It's nit even the same car anymore. Seems like the VIN is the only thing this car kept from before...and I have to question that ;-)

For the most part but unfortunately I had no money left over for a built shortblock lol which would have made just about everything aftermarket. Looking at doing a 402 Forged Stroker by next year hopefully

Thread Info