Tight Lines: 2016 A8 Hellcat Challenger.

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
Well it's a sad/happy day as we traded in my Shelby Friday night for a new Hellcat. I really thought I'd die before I got rid of my Shelby but things come about and those things help you make decisions that are hard. I will miss her but I feel we have a pretty good replacement that Heather (wife) can now enjoy too as it is an Automatic. We actually made this decision about a month ago and ordered a Hellcat. I called the dealer Thursday night to check on the status of the order and they said it would be another month. They in turn offered me one on the show room floor with more options and same color for the price of the car we ordered so we took it. Basically $2000 under sticker and this is unheard of in these cars.

On a side note I really never thought I would own a Dodge.

Picked up a 2016 A8 in Granite Crystal Hellcat with Sunroof.

First thing I found out putting it in the garage.....this thing is a tank compared to my GT500. Going to have to reorganize the garage to get it to fit better.

Video of start up to move it out of the showroom.

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
Thanks guys. I really don't have a good comparison yet as there were some suggested break in time that I choose to abide by and I haven't really driven it a lot as we just got it. The one thing I can say is the Hellcat is BIG and you can tell it is. The Hellcat also has a TON of electronic upgrades that I have yet to learn. Lots of settings done by just using the touch screen, engine power, transmission shifts and how it shifts, suspension changes, heated and cooled seats and more. The exhaust is one thing that is better than the Shelby, awesome note for a stock exhaust. Have no idea why Dodge just didn't put tires on the car because the useless 275/40/20 All seasons are as good as nothing at all. One thing that does make me happy is my wife can enjoy it too.

They are really two different cars and I will miss my Shelby.

Yellow covers are protection while car was in transport, I asked the dealer not to do anything to the car and I would take care of it. This included no drilling of the front bumper as well. :)

I will be removing the brake pads as only the 10 mile ride him completely changed my front wheels from black to brown with brake dust. Ceramic pads ordered today. I will add a catch can, tinted windows, drag radials, lowering springs and a aluminum driveshaft soon. I have read the stock drive shafts aren't fans of drag radials.

I will report more as I learn more.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Awesome man. My buddy just traded in a hellcat challenger and a charger RT SCAT Pack for a Hellcat Charger....lol But yeah you did a huge upgrade. Im in the same spot about the auto. The wife wants to be able to drive my new car too... Don't know if I want her to, but the option will be there. Plus all these new 8 and 10 speed autos are just awesome.

Thread Info