Couple of my rides (Boosted 4th Gen/LS FC RX7)

TurboZ

Aug 31, 2015
I wanted to start keeping better track of the cars and the stuff I do to them over the years so I wanted to start a thread for the two current projects. Camaro is sticking with me since I've had it for about 10 years, Mazda may stick around or eventually get swapped when I get bored.

The Camaro is a 98 Z28, 6 speed car.

Current mod list:

Modular Turbo truck manifold hotside
Modular Turbo 3"downpipe
Turbonetics TC76
JGS 40mm wastegate
Ebay FMIC
3" aluminum cold side
RPS BOV
Comp Cams 918 valve springs
Hardened pushrods
LS6 intake manifold
Ported stock throttle body
Racetronix fuel pump
60lb injectors
Aeromotive boost referenced FPR
SLP 2OTL exhaust

Monster Stage 3 clutch
Tick Performance master cylinder
MGW Shifter

Midwest Chassis Fab-9
Midwest Chassis Torque Arm
Midwest Chassis Panhard Bar
Midwest Chassis LCA's
Midwest Chassis Driveshaft

UMI boxed subframe connectors

AEM digital boost gauge
Innovate Wideband
Turbosmart E-boost Street

Few pictures before the car had the turbo kit on it:

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture029.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Picture012.jpg

It's looking pretty much the same nowadays with a front mount on it:

20150620_124956_zpsbyfrle8q.jpg

And some photos courtesy of Omega Motorsports from last year's half mile event:

IMG_8526_zpsqigcvcdw.jpg

IMG_8447_zpsgttmivbo.jpg

IMG_8232_zpsup5uizu7.jpg

IMG_8235_zpsmhz5xgw9.jpg

IMG_7365_zpsg2rzilzf.jpg

e3725831-aa48-4e4e-89ee-4d312e0faad7_zpsxmvcciom.jpg

TurboZ

Aug 31, 2015
1990 Mazda RX7 GXL. Pretty sure this thing was in a lake at some point, I bought it for $700 a few years back. Beat to shit but rust free; it's kind of a pile but that makes it that much more fun.

Ronin Speedworks Supreme LS Engine Mounting Kit
2001 GM LM7 5.3
LS6 camshaft
Poorboy Longtubes
LS3 valve springs
LS1 intake manifold
Ported throttle body

T56 Trans
LS6 clutch
Hurst shifter

Turbo II Rear End

cars1_zps4f2e6620.jpg

cars2_zpsbc77596d.jpg

RX7firstdrivetowork_zpsc34fb806.jpg

TurboZ

Aug 31, 2015
The Camaro collapsed a lifter at the half mile event, so instead of simply replacing it I've taken the opportunity to give it more power because that's the logical thing to do. So far I've acquired a set of Katech CNC ported 317 heads and am putting the rest of the top end together. Along with a trans rebuild I'm hoping to see just how hard I can push the stock shortblock. Hopefully I can get it together and have some fun with it this year, but it's 50/50 at this point since it's a bit of an investment.

The RX7 is getting a set of Mustang GT wheels and a suspension rebuild, looking to autocross that thing at least a few times this year. Hope to get a lot of time in with both of these in general this summer, seeing all the nice cars out lately has really gotten me motivated to get them together.

TurboZ

Aug 31, 2015
Thanks everyone.

Car went 155 in the 1/2 mile but that was from a roll, so I don't know what it would do from a standing start.

IMAG0453_zpsdi8dgpqz.jpg

It goes pretty good for what it is with a completely stock longblock on 93. It was trapping in the mid 120's with some shitty 60's on street tires when it had the stock 10 bolt in it. I haven't made a full pass in it with the 9" and a set of slicks; I didn't like the way the car drove on bias ply's in the rear and a 275 radial up front.

I'm hoping for 600+ to the tire on 93 with the stock shortblock with the new setup, I'm considering flex fuel but I haven't done enough research to see what the possibilities are with a GM PCM. Being a 98 I have to re-wire the car and put a new PCM in it anyways if I want to run more than 2 BAR. ProEFI 128's recently went down in price so it's very tempting... but then I'm looking at re-doing the fuel system as well. I need to go to sleep before I get too many good ideas and start draining the bank account.:lmao:

Thread Info