An attempt to make my bland daily... less bland.

MrFlowersGTI

Feb 8, 2016
Hey guys. I've been trolling the forum for a while and I decided to re-introduce myself. Im 20 (barely) and I dont have as much expernce with cars as id like to have by now but I've lived in Illinois for about 5 months now (I moved here with literally 280 dollars and no job and knowing absolutely nobody) so I figured I'd start a thread. I'd also like to come and meet some of you guys at meets and stuff considering I know absolutely nobody here that shares a passion for cars and it's absolutely killing me! Now I'm planning on attending UNOH in August 2017 for Automotive High Performance so I don't really have the means or the room for another car to go crazy with just yet. But what I do have is a stock 2005 Honda Accord EX-L V6 sedan. After having a 94 cutlass coupe that was missing 4th gear and a doorhandle on the drivers side and a MK3 GTI that was vary janked up and rusty ( and even caught on fire once) Ive enjoyed the practicality and reliablity but it just looks and feels boring. I've decided to start doing subtle mods to it starting with wheels and tires and exhaust because the stock rims look like absolute trash and I'm sick of seeing 10 of the exact same looking accord as mine every day. Plus it's too quiet for me. I'm not gonna go too crazy with it since it has 174K on it and it's also a 5 speed slushbox and I'd like it to last past college.
8d279b49cc2933482ee7014e31f80b40.jpg

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
^^amen. we've all been there. leave it alone. window tint and make the stereo not suck total balls. leave it alone after that.

$1200 in wheels and tires that are worth $300 when the finish starts flaking off after a year, or $1200 in the bank toward the car you want, towards a home, or school loans when you're done with school.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Deng, Honda love. If you go with an exhaust, stick with worldsport stuff. It's got a bit of sound but doesn't get ricey and annoying.

Also, at 174k, I would not be worried about the mileage. That's baby mileage. My friends dad has an auto v-6 Accord with 213k miles and it still breaks the tires loose in 2nd gear. Still on it's original trans fluid as well :rofl: His dad isn't the best at remembering to do regular scheduled maintenance...

I have a prelude with 238k miles, and I'm not one bit afraid to take it to the road course and beat the hell out of it for an entire day. Just gotta keep oil in it and it'll last forever.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
I agree with the folks here. Save your money, especially since you're going to be starting school soon. Enjoy the reliability, keep it clean, add tints, add stereo maybe...small touches so you can at least pick your car out of a 10 Accord lineup in the Jewel parking lot. Save some $$ so you can buy something you want in a few years.

Thread Info