🔧 BUILD Daytona's - 93 Notchback

daytona

Regular
Aug 22, 2013
Villa Park
Well out with the old and in with the new. The 88 was nice and all but had to much rust on it for what I really wanted in the end. So my buddy found this 93 rust free car in Louisiana and had it shipped up here with his intention of doing a mild street car and selling it. So we made a deal and I took it off his hands. Basically gonna be my first long project that I'm gonna take my time on and do it the way I wanna do. The guy that had it wanted to do a 2 tone sunburst orange and bourbon brown. Not a huge fan so I'm gonna reliant the whole car. Good thing is that all the body work is done and car is in primer.
Some of the spec are
-AJE k-member with tubular a arms
-MM caster camber plates
-UPR coilovers and strange adjustable struts , 94 spindles
-boss pro 3 in cowl
-obvious full interior that i will be stripping out besides the dash
-brand new exterior moldings

bf7f7b3cb2ff0e62d55f7e2034275612_zpsf1y25c8d.jpg

81ca0969f652c0379a5ac39b9a12b790_zpsofzzdn2i.jpg

0edbe99b4b75d6aabcb3eec39b04aa40_zpsoyyqjsx7.jpg

87c3a37e6aee4737166ed2c314ea8c34_zpsuquue0vu.jpg

51cc78bcb77055282a4899df6a312f27_zpsceqcvokn.jpg

9c75d3d59a26a124ff376a502cf0d584_zpstwnhfigz.jpg

Reactions: HeavyG

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Just a friedly suggestion, you might want to talk to someone like Jose @ Forced Inductions. That 83mm wheel is gonna kill the power quick and low in the RPM. The standard 96mm turbine wheel 1.32 AR would probably work better with that size motor. A standard S480 w/ 96mm, 1.32AR would be cheap and work well.

If you use that one, to start, be sure that you have a way to measure back pressure pre-turbine. So you can see what your intake manifold pressure versus back pressure is. That will tell you a whole lot. Plus help someone get you a turbo that will work best for your engine, power goal, spool time and so on.

daytona

Regular
Aug 22, 2013
Villa Park
Just a friedly suggestion, you might want to talk to someone like Jose @ Forced Inductions. That 83mm wheel is gonna kill the power quick and low in the RPM. The standard 96mm turbine wheel 1.32 AR would probably work better with that size motor. A standard S480 w/ 96mm, 1.32AR would be cheap and work well.

If you use that one, to start, be sure that you have a way to measure back pressure pre-turbine. So you can see what your intake manifold pressure versus back pressure is. That will tell you a whole lot. Plus help someone get you a turbo that will work best for your engine, power goal, spool time and so on.

Yeah that was my first turbo I wanted but Im on an extremely tight budget. And I got the 475 for real cheap. Plus I'm sure I could send it back and get a different turbine wheel

daytona

Regular
Aug 22, 2013
Villa Park

I do appreciate the advice I made a newb error. Still new to the bigger style turbos. I'm gonna talk to Jose and see if he can do something with the turbo I have now to make it work better with my motor

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I do appreciate the advice I made a newb error. Still new to the bigger style turbos. I'm gonna talk to Jose and see if he can do something with the turbo I have now to make it work better with my motor

At least for what you have into it you can sell it off easily or upgrade it to different specs. But I bet it would work out better to sell it and buy a unit that is going to work better that is used or new.

The BW line is very nice as you can swap them out and not have to worry about changing the kit. The turbo you have will spool very quick which is nice on the street. But back pressure will limit the RPM and power that turbo will make on the combo. Use the turbo you have and compair the manifold pressure versus the back pressure pre-turbine. Then call Jose and tell him what you have, the back pressure you have and so on. He will let you know what should work best for you. They custom build & test BW units in house. Turn around time from order to shipping the unit is usually very quick. Then that combo will really sing!

Thread Info