Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Since I just can't leave ANYTHING alone I want to do something with my headlights on my Silvy. At the very least I want to clear the amber signal lenses on the headlights which involves cutting the housing and removing the lenses then using silicone to reseal the housing (since I can't find cleared assemblies anywhere, I know they make them, no one has them). IMO the cleared standard headlight would look best on my silver truck but I'd like to know what the TCG world thinks. Regardless of whatever I decide I'll clear the amber lenses and put chrome to amber lights in so you won't see any amber. I could buy cleared black housings on eBay for about $150 and if I don't like black I could open them up and try color matching them but if I don't like that I'm stuck with silver color matched headlights that I'd have a hard time reselling. For what it's worth I'm in the process of color matchig the entire truck and getting rid of the chrome center front bumper and rear bumper.

Cleared stock
smrtss1-albums-headlights-picture3089-img-1351.jpg

smrtss1-albums-headlights-picture3088-img-1350.jpg

Black with cleared lenses.
smrtss1-albums-headlights-picture3087-img-1348.jpg

smrtss1-albums-headlights-picture3086-img-1347.jpg

Color matched. Not my favorite but a possibility.
smrtss1-albums-headlights-picture3085-img-1344.jpg

smrtss1-albums-headlights-picture3084-img-1343.jpg

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
Leave it. Personal preference, but any clear corner or modded headlight just looks cheap and ricer-y to me.

Agree on the clear corners. I don't even like the look of the HID kits anymore. i see this 2500HD driving the opposite direction every morning and it seems his are off color and bulbs are out every few days. I really liked them in the past but after seeing them on everything these days I just don't prefer them any longer.

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
I vote black or chrome if your going to color match the grill and bumper. How are you color matching paint, wrap, powder coating or swamping parts?
I am getting ready to color match the front of my truck and have projectors and hids on the way. I think I am going to try and bake the head lights instead of dremeling.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
I vote black or chrome if your going to color match the grill and bumper. How are you color matching paint, wrap, powder coating or swamping parts?
I am getting ready to color match the front of my truck and have projectors and hids on the way. I think I am going to try and bake the head lights instead of dremeling.

Color matching thru a combination of paint and wrap depending on the parts. My door handles and fog light caps are painted. Grill, front bowtie and mirror caps are wrapped. Rear chrome parts of the bumper and center front bumper will be wrapped

DO NOT BAKE THE HEADLIGHTS!!! I have yet to hear one person that didn't melt some part of the housing.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
For some reason when people try to bake the 08-13 Silvey and Sierra headlights they melt. I've done a few Trailblazer headlights, Camaros and a few other cars and didn't have a problem. I don't know what it is with these lights?

I wrapped my grill and used cutting tape to separate the flat part and where the grill starts to curve in towards the mesh.

Thread Info