Greg@STG's Porsche LS944 project...

Greg@STG

Forum Sponsor
Nov 17, 2015
St Louis, MO
Real Name
Read
This is a Looooooongterm project, and probably wont actually happen for a while until I feel comfortable dropping the 10k or so.
But for now, I'll just upload pics and brag about it.... hahaha bragging about an '85 poor mans porsche.

Anyway, found it one day on CL for $3000. I was looking for a cool project, something different. Not necessarily the fastest thing (because I'm not rich)
LS swap parts are available, and its a fairly easy swap.
Went and checked it out, drove it. And HAD to take it home. Have had it for a year now, and I love it. So I pretty much drive it every day.

2.5, 5spd. Stock other than
-Short throw shifter
-Momo Prototipo steering wheel
-Made the factory shift handle to accept and threaded knob and added an MGW C6R knob. I had one in my GTO and loved it so I bought one for this.

11045437_10203915103694749_6732443902022446479_o by Greg Connoyer, on Flickr
_GCP9823-2 by Greg Connoyer, on Flickr

OG 80's Porsche interior...
_GCP9450 by Greg Connoyer, on Flickr
_GCP9449 by Greg Connoyer, on Flickr
_GCP9432 by Greg Connoyer, on Flickr
_GCP9413 by Greg Connoyer, on Flickr

New chit....MUCH needed. I sold the old steering wheel and paid for the new swap. so that was cool.
Some updated Speedhut gauges will replace the factory crayola yellow VDO's will probably come after the swap
_GCP4322 by Greg Connoyer, on Flickr
_GCP4324 by Greg Connoyer, on Flickr
_GCP4337 by Greg Connoyer, on Flickr
_GCP4350 by Greg Connoyer, on Flickr
_GCP4363 by Greg Connoyer, on Flickr

Greg@STG

Forum Sponsor
Nov 17, 2015
St Louis, MO
Real Name
Read
944s are cool, and LS swaps are cool. So I am awaiting this build.

LOL Already had an LS6 that I threw some ported heads on, new bearings/rings, cam, springs, rodbolts.....then sold it.

Did a bit of backpedalling. I think I'll probably slowly do a motor build on the side and do exactly what I want. Maybe do a trade for some work on a car for a pullout motor. Idk yet.

Greg@STG

Forum Sponsor
Nov 17, 2015
St Louis, MO
Real Name
Read
Thanks everyone!

Seriously though, I love the car. A guy down the road has a pair of these 944's (one looks finished and the other is a project). They both make my head turn each time. Love it.

Hahahah Its funny, because I get stopped more, and talked to more about this than anything I've ever owned. I think its more of a rarity to see driving around that causes it.

Thread Info