JBruno's C6 Vette Build

JBruno88

TCG Elite Member
Apr 3, 2014
Carol Stream, IL
Well, I figure its the end of the season, I'm starting a very cool new build, so I'll share my build with the group so far and what's to come!

Car: 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 6.2L LS3
Purchase Mileage: 2,500
Mod List: Bone Stock 12.305 @ 116.5 Byron Dragway

It didn't take long for me to mod the hell out of this car even though I said it was going to stay stock when I bought it.

Here's what she looked like the day I brought her home and took the car to Strat's for lunch.

chrome-wheels.jpg

The following week I took the car to X-Treme Graphics and Chris Wargacki. This round of mods consisted of 20% tint, tail light and side marker tint, and halo blackout with Jake skull.

xtreme-graphics.jpg
xtreme-graphics2.jpg

Next on the list was ZR1 replica wheels so I could ditch the chrome.

tints-zr1-wheels.jpg

After being satisfied with the looks of the car, I decided it was time to make some more power with adding bolt-ons. Purchased a set of Kooks 1 7/8" long tube headers, 3x3 catless x-pipe, Z06 3x3 exhaust, Vararam cold air intake, and a Yank SS 3200 stall, [MENTION=12162]shanefap[/MENTION] tune and a set of C5 wagon wheels with MT 275/40/17's for the track.

275radial.jpg

JBruno88

TCG Elite Member
Apr 3, 2014
Carol Stream, IL
Ordered a set of custom plates for the vette trying to rustle [MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION]'s jimmies, but he sold his GT500 before I got a change to give that car a run for its money.

custom-plates.jpg

But that's okay, I found another buddy [MENTION=22]syP[/MENTION] to have some fun with at the track!

cobra-vette.jpg

At the end of my first season, the car did a personal best of 11.144 @ 123.49 @ Great Lakes Dragaway. I was very pleased with the performance of the car for only having about 3k in aftermarket parts in the car, but of course fast is never fast enough.

bolton-best.jpg

JBruno88

TCG Elite Member
Apr 3, 2014
Carol Stream, IL
As the 2014/2015 winter began, I started to look at the next step for the car. I wanted to see how much power this car could put down on motor and only motor, so the next step was obviously to do a H/C/I build which is the current state of the car. With having seen excellent times out of my Fap tune by [MENTION=12162]shanefap[/MENTION], I decided it was time get the car to him in person.

Greg @ STG Motorsports did the install, and Shane handled the tuning.

The build began as winter began and here are some of the specs for the current build:

Cam: Martin Smallwood custom grind: 229/243 627/627 113 LSA
Heads: Stock LS3 heads ported by Frankenstein Racing Heads
BTR 660 springs and all the supporting valvetrain/cam install mods
Gear: Z06 3.42 gear
Tire: Hoosier 28x10x17 slick
Stall: Yank 4000 SS
Subfloor A6 to Z06 diff/trans brace

build1.jpg
build2.jpg
build3.jpg
FRH.jpg

Last edited:

JBruno88

TCG Elite Member
Apr 3, 2014
Carol Stream, IL
Got myself a set of Z06 18x9.5 replicas and had them narrowed down to 18x4.5 skinnies for the track!

track.jpg

The car put down 517whp/468wtq on a mustang dyno with its current setup. and the car ran a personal best of 10.627 @ 127.73 @ Great Lakes Dragaway. It wasn't my best 60' on this pass, but my personal best is a 1.404 60'. The way the car sits, it is currently the fastest 6L80E stock cubes all motor C6 on Corvette Forum

pb.jpg

This past year was fun, did a lot of racing not only at my home track GLD, but traveled with friends to St. Louis and Indianapolis for Street Car Takeover.

sct1.jpg
sct2.jpg

I want to thank Max and Al of team black for their help this year and welcoming me with open arms and [MENTION=22]syP[/MENTION] for his help at the track lining me up and letting me be a part of his record setting Chevrolet SS.

This winter's build is already underway @ STG Motorsports, with getting a new cam and converter put in the car for the new setup next year along with some interior modz! After cumming on [MENTION=22]syP[/MENTION]'s steering wheel cuz of how soft it was I had to get one too!

I'll leave this pic here as a teaser of what I purchased today and what is to come for next year!

blower.jpg

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Nice, Jason! Looking forward to seeing what the final result will be. I've heard a couple recipes from you so far... no idea what you settled on.

PS - The GT500 would have beat you in the 14-15 season! :mamoru:

All these Vette mods are bad influences. I need to unsub from this thread before it even starts!

Good luck man!

Thread Info