New DD V.Dodge the father, Ram the daughter

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I realize I never actually posted my new purchase on here. I made a post in my thread in the truck forum though. So here is the introductory thread on my new 2015 Ram.

After test driving all the new pick-ups from the big 3 and evaluating how much I wanted to pay I was able to get a great deal on a left over 2015. I really wanted a Sport but after finding that Bright White would be discontinued on that trim and replaced with a white pearl I didn't want to wait on a 2016 and not get exactly what I wanted. Also I like that there is a longer warranty on the 2015. The only down side was that I had to find a truck on the lot and not order exactly what I want. The huge upside is there are great deals to find at this time of the year. Well I went back to dealer that we bought my wife's Jeep and found 2 Big Horns that I was interested in. They were both Bright White and the major differences were 1 had a 6.5' bed and limited slip and the other had park sense and dual zone climate. Well ultimately I would up with the short bed that had more creature comforts. The only thing I wish it had was the LSD but oh well. I'm going to have a factory trailer brake controller installed.

I have had it for about a month and love it. The hemi/8-speed combo is awesome. IMO it's the best base power train available in any full size truck but I haven't driven a GM 8-speed yet. Power is awesome, truck is smooth as silk and with rear coil springs it rides like a dream. Plans are simple at this point. I already had the front windows tinted, I need a spray in bed liner and undercover flex bed cover. I also want to do a little debadging on the doors and tail gate. I'm throwing around the idea of a painted grill too. Maybe I will pick up a CAI and that's about it till it's out of warranty. After that I'll throw on an 85mm TB and get a 93 tune.

Here it is.
DC99637D-4FF2-441B-8ECC-7E859831785F_zps3vwggweg.jpg

24ED0150-AF21-4ABC-B54A-175CBA20AAB1_zpswlwjvfqk.jpg

Thread Info

• Lead Pipe
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list