From that which car should I buy thread, got a Mazda!

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Jun 7, 2011
Ohare
Last week I went to check out the 2016 Mazda 3. I was only looking at the sport trim. Which was nice, but the touring trims of course are even nicer. Ended up paying a little more for the next step up, which is the Touring. Which gives you fog lights, sun roof, blind side monitoring, leather steering wheel, and alloy wheels. Of course I wanted it in red which cost a little extra. The day I got it from the dealership in Countryside, I drove it straight to the logan square area. And the gas meter hardly moved. The car gets 30-35 mpg in the city, and Ive seen it up to 45 on the highway. Im loving this thing so far, so smooth and easy/fun to drive. Only 4 cylinders, but has a little get up to it. I didnt get navigation in it, that cost $450 extra, but I can just use my phone with bluetooth to tell me where to go. Going to get remote start for it sometime soon. Just gave it its first wash today.

20151020_144245_zpsqku0jtlp.jpg

20151020_144256_zpsjiztrxas.jpg

20151020_144354_zpschofo90r.jpg

20151020_144429_zps1r6eashg.jpg

20151020_144510_zpsr0aqhu7m.jpg

20151020_144529_zpsespo3rcz.jpg

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Jun 7, 2011
Ohare
Thanks! A cool thing about it is I can do auto or manual. obviously without the clutch peddle but by the shifter. I never had a car with electronic pedals before. So Im still getting used to it. I keep slamming on the brakes accidently. If you think the 3 is too small, the CX-5s are a bigger version and really nice too.

(thanks for the thread move lol)

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
Most installers want this for 2 way DEI remote starts. Well this was the price I was quoted like 4-5 years ago when I needed one.

Yeah from the robbery that's Best Buy probably, their prices are redic. I was just quoted for a 2-way Viper + install for just about $400. If you didn't want the 2-way you can get them installed for as low as like $300.

Turtle

Addict
Mar 21, 2011
Yeah from the robbery that's Best Buy probably, their prices are redic. I was just quoted for a 2-way Viper + install for just about $400. If you didn't want the 2-way you can get them installed for as low as like $300.
Best buy wanted more but most my $500 is quote was from smaller local places that mainly do alarms and stereos. I wasn't running around trying to split hairs but $500 was it. I ended paying like $450 for viper unit installed.

I love the two way. I don't care for the alarm part. I just like the feedback that I get if the car did start or not. Think about that... if ur in side the house and the car is around the corner (out of sight). I don't want to walk outside. The remote will confirm that the car has been started. That is worth the premium. Now my debate is OEM and keep warranty vs DEI and 2 way.

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Jun 7, 2011
Ohare
The dealer quoted me at 400ish. But they said maybe around mid to low 300 if they have "a guy" come in to do it. I may just go with the one from the dealer if they can get me a good price on it. And the car is a 2.0 the "i" model. The 2.5 would of been nice for the extra 20 or so horses. But then it lacks some mpgs too. Im finally going to fill up the tank today. Im down to around 12 miles left it says. I got about 350 miles out of the tank I think, Ill double check.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
The dealer quoted me at 400ish. But they said maybe around mid to low 300 if they have "a guy" come in to do it. I may just go with the one from the dealer if they can get me a good price on it. And the car is a 2.0 the "i" model. The 2.5 would of been nice for the extra 20 or so horses. But then it lacks some mpgs too. Im finally going to fill up the tank today. Im down to around 12 miles left it says. I got about 350 miles out of the tank I think, Ill double check.

Your gas mileage will go up after the first 3-5k at least my 2.0 did that. Only mod I have right now is the corksport SRI which I got just to have some more sound. I get 32mpg mostly city/traffic so just about anyone else would get 35+

Tim

I like girls that drink beer
Nov 9, 2006
America
do not get the factory mazda remote… the gf has a cx5 and she got the remote start and it is absolute garbage. we ended up going to mark sound in schaumburg and got a off brand remote start with the phone app. also good choice on the navigation, it really sucks.

My wife has a factory CX-7 and the whole thing is absolute garbage.

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
do not get the factory mazda remote… the gf has a cx5 and she got the remote start and it is absolute garbage. we ended up going to mark sound in schaumburg and got a off brand remote start with the phone app. also good choice on the navigation, it really sucks.

What sucks about it? When we got the 5 the dealer absolutely refused to install a factory system. Aftermarket only for them.

On the newer cars it's plug and play. The one for the 6 we have is pretty much key fobs and a wiring harness.

When I looked at the 3, it seemed the 2.0i felt more peppy around town than the 2.5s model. Did you drive both and feel the same thing?

Thread Info