Bye Bye Ford, Hello GM

quikturbo

Regular
Dec 24, 2004
Some may recall my "whats it worth thread" for my mustang (68 2jz) and I'd like to first thank you for your input because I think you guys got me exactly where it needed to be for a quick and painless sale! It sold in 6days of having it posted on a couple of forums and is now owned by a CEO of a large automotive oem part manufacturer. He lives in Germany most of the year but has a house in Detroit and SC, so the car will be getting some work done, mostly suspension. It was hard to see it go but that chapter was over and I wanted something different.

Searched around for a good sedan with power, and manual, none the german cars did it for me, one particular car stuck out and I kept going back to it, a V2 CTS-V. I test drove a couple, auto manual, etc.. and fell in love! I started the search and after a couple of weeks , one that I thought slipped through my fingers came back to me as it was meant to be. Deposit was sent, had a local buddy inspect as it was in Houston, and got the thumbs up. This past weekend flew down and drove it back, driving this car made the 17hr drive fly by and was the easiest trip I've ever done! Great time getting acquainted with the car :)

So onto the car
2009 CTS-V with 16k miles
Recaro Interior
Manual
Mods done
9.1 Lower pulley
Fastlane heat exchanger
American racing headers
Corsa sport exhaust
Airaid CAI
Tune
540rwhp

20" Forgestars with 305's on the back (will put something different on there in the spring)

This car is absolutely MINT, it was like a new car, not a rock chip on the front, detailed to no end, very well maintained. Oh and the sound :fy:

I think hearing Johns C5 that night after the doggie diner partially sold me :)

Now I have to always take things further, so I've ordered up some parts
Eibachs, 2.5 upper, FIC1000cc injectors, 160 thermostat, ZL1 lid and e85 flex fuel kit. I'm going to pick up a ported tb and snout to add to the above list as this will be the winter parts stock pile.

Just had the tint done today

Here are some pics (while it was in Houston)

Looking forward to having this out for the diner and other events.

Chris

Thread Info