Oh the joys of car ownership... Rx-700 Build 3.0

billzrx7

Addict
May 26, 2013
Heres the before shot.
qk20Y0u.jpg

So as some of you heard... this happened.
OWSnInz.jpg

bNVCmKJ.jpg

X6kiKHA.jpg

Heres all that's left of the CF overlay hood. Hey atleast it held up!
l90Acao.jpg

Heres the morning after/evening shots.
iEAc4qL.jpg

PopuNLR.jpg

1PAr7xK.jpg

dehlfmp.jpg

qJu22dY.jpg

obE5bm8.jpg

tlXs0Qc.jpg

HoTSZuP.jpg

From when the fiberglass folded down onto the tire.
F1a1gr7.jpg

And so the rebuild begins.. because I'm a masochist.
45xdWbS.jpg

YGRpjOp.jpg

484XI42.jpg

Welp, time to get rid of the nasty to bring in the new.
Cx9054R.jpg

8rtiVN3.jpg

QVbdZMk.jpg

pzSqFWA.jpg

06hulCu.jpg

foRSck8.jpg

So Ill just be over here ordering more car parts and shit.

billzrx7

Addict
May 26, 2013
Fucking horrible dude. I can help with the rebuild if you need.

The labor I don't mind. As fucked up as it is, theres something extremely calming about taking something that looks like this.. putting in the work and having it come out looking great. Although I probably wont go with the purple engine bay again. Probably just a black pearl for a little pop.

First, glad you came out safely. Second, you have the patience of a saint. Seriously. You must love this car more than life :rofl:

These cars are probably the reason Ive been single for almost 8 fucking years lol.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Bill... Dude. Glad you're ok. Seeing those pics... It hurt to look at. I can't believe that you're going back at the car though! Can't imagine seeing my burnt out baby in the driveway and having to go out there and bring her back to life from square zero... Especially after all the effort you've put into that car.

Did you find the source of the fire? Identified what could have been done to avoid it?

I see a fire extinguisher in the pics... Was it deployed and did it help??

This pic is impossible to imagine for me:
45xdWbS.jpg

billzrx7

Addict
May 26, 2013
Bill... Dude. Glad you're ok. Seeing those pics... It hurt to look at. I can't believe that you're going back at the car though! Can't imagine seeing my burnt out baby in the driveway and having to go out there and bring her back to life from square zero... Especially after all the effort you've put into that car.

Did you find the source of the fire? Identified what could have been done to avoid it?

I see a fire extinguisher in the pics... Was it deployed and did it help??

This pic is impossible to imagine for me:

It was a halon extinguisher, it was used and put the fire out twice but isn't the ideal chemical for putting out ethanol. For anyone running E85 (anything over E50 really) get yourself an AR-AFFF extinguisher.

Bill, glad your safe I would shed a tear if that purdy mouf of yours got damaged!

If you need a hand wrenching just let me know

Purdy mouf aint goin nowhere cap don't you worry about it. Maybe you should make your way up to the west burbs and have a beer and stare at it lol.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
I didn't shed a tear when my shitbox regal GS burned down in my drive way. Lets be honest it was just a wbody.

Now this on the other hand I'd prolly bawl. Glad you didn't get hurt!

Shit deal with the car!

Noted on the AR-AFFF extinguisher! I have a Wbody on E85 which makes it twice as likely to be a fireball!!

Im surprised you say your rebuilding it? Must not be as bad as it looks, as far as chassis damage to the shell?

billzrx7

Addict
May 26, 2013
I didn't shed a tear when my shitbox regal GS burned down in my drive way. Lets be honest it was just a wbody.

Now this on the other hand I'd prolly bawl. Glad you didn't get hurt!

Shit deal with the car!

Noted on the AR-AFFF extinguisher! I have a Wbody on E85 which makes it twice as likely to be a fireball!!

Im surprised you say your rebuilding it? Must not be as bad as it looks, as far as chassis damage to the shell?

Eh, I'm handy in the garage. And lets just say I have a few more items in mine that facilitate builds than most people (blast cabinet, tig welder, mig welder, plasma cutter, huge tool box, paint guns and prep items etc).

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
LOL sounds good want to do some cancer repair on a shitbox wbody with a cage in it? Not too sure I can bring myself to seeing it rot away so I know it needs to be fixed in order for me to be happy with it!

I hope you keep the thread updated with the rebuild. Id like to see it with all the fire damaged parts pulled out, and the progress as the rebuild comes along.

Also at the very least its good to hear that car wont be headed to the junk yard!

Thread Info