New daily

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
Traded in the caddy and picked up a 15 Silverado LTZ Z71 yesterday. Haven't been in a truck since the mid 90's so I need some schooling. Looking for a tonneau cover, tint front windows to match the rears, some kind of sub box etc. I only took a quick cell phone pick, but they all look the same. It's loaded. Is there a decent forum for these bad boys so I could get some ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_20150606_163254_380.jpg
    IMG_20150606_163254_380.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 158

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Nice truck. Tonneau - get a BAK flip hard folding cover, not cheap but they're worth it. Have fun putting a sub in it, from what I've read it's a fucking nightmare.

As far as forums look at gmfullsize.com and READ READ READ. There are a TON of useless posts on the same topics and there are way too many internet warrior tough guys on there that'll test your patience and they have the "do it my way or it's wrong mentality" BUT there is a lot of really good info on there if you can wade thru thru the stupidity.

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
Very nice!! Congrats. I have a Truxedo tonneau cover for my truck and love it. It doesn't leak and you can roll it all the way up if you have something big to put in the bed.

Lo-Pro QT?

If so I have the same one and I'll speak for it's quality. It's easy to roll up, can't be opened without opening the tailgate first. It's VERY low profile, less than 1/2" above the rails I'd say. It has adjustable tension screws so it won't sag no matter the weather or if it stretches some. When you do roll it up it doesn't block the rear window and it has two straps to secure it. The only time I've noticed water in the bed is after going through a high-pressure car wash. Took less than an hour to install with 2 people but could easily be done alone. I'd buy it again for sure.

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
Lo-Pro QT?

If so I have the same one and I'll speak for it's quality. It's easy to roll up, can't be opened without opening the tailgate first. It's VERY low profile, less than 1/2" above the rails I'd say. It has adjustable tension screws so it won't sag no matter the weather or if it stretches some. When you do roll it up it doesn't block the rear window and it has two straps to secure it. The only time I've noticed water in the bed is after going through a high-pressure car wash. Took less than an hour to install with 2 people but could easily be done alone. I'd buy it again for sure.

This. I have the truxsport and it's quality is great no leaks except car washes. Only difference is the lower profile, I wish I would've purchased the Lo-Pro

Thread Info