Just a couple upgrades for the daily ride

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
As most of you know I picked up a grey 2015 Accord coupe EX-L V6 navi to replace the black 2010 that I had. I didn't need a new car but sometimes you just have to say fuck it. Day one totally stock.

First thing I did way window tint, 20% all around and 35% on the entire windshield. But that is a whole fuck story in itself because this is the the crap tint job that Honda sublet-ed

That was not gonna fly and a month later they paid me off to take the car to get fixed.

With in two weeks of ownership it was lowered on H&R springs with adjustable control arm.
Lowered and tinted on stock wheels in down town

In the beginning of March I put my 20 inch wheels on the car and cracked a wheel the same day, total bummer.

I ordered a new wheel, came in wrong, same part number and everything but the manufacture changed the design and I could not get the old style wheel anymore. Instead of just spending $2000 on a new set of wheels and tires I had the cracked rim straightened and repaired. Then I took all 4 wheels to CPC and had them coated gloss black. CPC said 7 to 14 days turn around time but instead it took 21 days. When I got there the wheels were not even done and I had to go find something to do for 2 hours. What a joke......

It gets better. I bought a set of new tires from Discount tire direct on black friday because they had a great deal with plans of installing them in the spring. I bring all for wheels and tires to Discount Tire and they could only mount three out of four because the fourth tire was bad. Damn it!! There is another 4 days waiting on a new tire. I asked for all my tires to be road forced balanced, I know it is an extra charge, just shut up and take my money. The manager argued with me for 45 min about why it didnt need to be done and I was gonna waste my money. If the car has a vibration then bring the tires back and they would road force balance them.

Then after I bring all my tires home I install them back on the car and my left front tire is flat. WTF, by now I am ready to just start throwing stuff into the street. I load up the tire in my car and drive back to the store in the pouring rain to have them tighten the valve core and air up my tire.

Finally get all 4 wheels and tires on the car and take it for a quick ride. What do you know, I have a vibration at 55 mph. I took the car to the Acura dealer and had them road force balance them for $40.

Upgrades for my daily ride V2 I hope will be ready in a couple months with a pretty intense audio upgrade. I have all the stuff just need to find some time and good weather to work out side in the driveway.

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Good looking car. Hope you don't have any more issues.

For real man. Its a real bummer when most of the problems I have had to deal with were not my fault. From the time I placed the order for a new wheel to now it has been over two months. Not one person came through on time like they were suppose to.

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Love Accord V6 Coupe's! Had 3 - an 04 V6 6spd, a 2010 V6 Auto & a 2012 V6 6Spd.

Does this feel smaller/more nimble than your 2010 did? My 2010 felt MUCH bigger driving than my 2004 did.

The '15 is suppose to be a tiny bit smaller then the '10 but I dont know where they cut the car down at because to me it feels the same. I think the current generation has a much smoother ride due to the complete redesign in suspension from the firewall forward. As far as handling goes this one feels about the same as the '10 did.

Thread Info