Frank Dukes Budget Bagger Build

Frank Dukes

TCG Elite Member
May 5, 2009
Rockfordia
So i never really post anything about my street glide because there were never any other harley guys on here.. until recently. :pedobear:

I bought this from a nice gray haired gentleman in Dekalb who had a dozen bikes in his garage, yes a dozen. He was nice enough to do engine upgrades for me which was the main draw for this bike in particular. 103HP/105 Torque, dont mind if i do! However, he also turned into a bit of a geezer glide with accessories. I have been trying to change that ever since. Last year was extended bags and a new stereo.

So here goes a few of the newest changes, will update periodically.

Heres all the parts that got taken off the glide this year..
Cv0ySfP.jpg

So to replace these worn out grandpa glide parts are the following...

Yaffe Dash & 2012 Street Glide seat (no holes in leather unlike the 09 seat)
6AnYGa0.jpg

Southern Motorcycle Works Legend 21" wheel & Klockwerks Wrapper Fender
ObKfH2K.jpg

Still waiting on the matching floating rotors to go with the wheel.. backordered another 8 weeks. :fu:
that and a million other parts i still want/need.

Last edited:

Frank Dukes

TCG Elite Member
May 5, 2009
Rockfordia
Today in the trials and tribulations of owning a harley... go out yesterday morning and hit the switch, low beam headlight is out.. :fu: ive got an HID in there so of course i have to order one and still buy a replacement cheapie for the mean time.

On the plus side, my new grips show up. on a saturday no less. awesome.
XenHR4n.jpg

DwZGtcT.jpg

get the new light in and grips installed.... and i killed the god damn battery doing so. put it on the battery tender all day instead of riding it. today, we ride.

Frank Dukes

TCG Elite Member
May 5, 2009
Rockfordia
103 ported heads/pistons w/ .30 over gasket to bump compression to 10.5:1
SE roller rockers
adjustable push rods
Woods TW-555 Cams
Vance & Hines 2 to 1 Pro Pipe
Oil Cooler
& a few other do-dads here and there..

Final run corrected numbers as follows. have another sheet that reads 108hp/110tq without correction but thats cheating. as you can see, quite the jump off the stock numbers. first run is a stock 96 with slip on pipes. sooo worth it. id be shooting for the moon and going for the level b heads as well if i were you.
Jhgj4tG.jpg

Frank Dukes

TCG Elite Member
May 5, 2009
Rockfordia
Fuel Moto is killin it right now with motor builds it seems, there dyno numbers are damn impressive. if mine ever needed work i wouldn't hesitate to go there.

I've been across 10 states with this build with absolutely no trouble to speak of. reliability unaltered if that is of any concern to you. they say you should go into the bottom end at about 130hp.
QaFQaP0.png

Frank Dukes

TCG Elite Member
May 5, 2009
Rockfordia
I actually got them before those even came out. The pair i bought is cheap chinese prepainted knockoff. they do the job fine and look great from 10 feet. up close there a few fish eyes, etc.

Eventually I want to re-do the rear end with a different fender and new style bags.. but thats $3000. For what i have into them though, they do the job just fine. like this.
images

Honestly, my favorite part of the whole thing is that my coffee cup sits in the extended portion for my ride to work every morning. Fits right in the little drop down, doesnt spill a drop. silly, but seriously.

Thread Info