Dads '09 HD Street Glide build

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
This was my dads bike that he left to me after he passed this winter. He was only 57 and cancer got him way too early! I was next to him when he signed the papers and we went on many rides together so this bike is pretty sentimental to me.

I always teased him about the amount of chrome and how it had to go. $1,250 later, it has much less chrome:) I also added a set of 2015 Enforcer wheels, rear air ride, HD dark custom derby and timing covers, Street Bob tank badges, Progressive lowering springs up front, and got rid of a whole shit ton of Willie G chrome pieces.

Before

The tear down!

Finished:)

Took her for a short ride today to make sure everything is in working order, and she rode awesome! Can't wait to log some miles!!!

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Sorry to hear about your Dad Jeff, cancer is a shitty thing.

Changes to the bike look good, we will have to go for a ride together sometime this summer
I didn't even know you rode Chris! What ya got?
Looks SO much better. Beautiful bike! Sorry for your loss. it's great having something you love to remind you of someone you love
Exactly! So many good memories attached to this bike I couldn't bring myself to sell it.

That looks awesome!

Thanks Paul! You should have called 20 mins earlier yesterday, I would have rode the bike up to B-Dubs.

Terminator-Fux

Two Dollars... Plus Tip
Dec 27, 2009
You know I'm not a Harley guy but this bike looks sharp as hell Jeff. T-shirt mod yet?

hacg2o7hxcpb6scyrtwb.jpg

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
The bike looks so sick. I can not wait to take delivery on mine. Your setup will be very similar to mine when I am complete with it. Well they are never really complete.....
I'm hoping to see this in person at some point this summer.
For the wheels, you didn't have to do any modification did you? I will be replacing the spoke 16" mine has.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
The bike looks so sick. I can not wait to take delivery on mine. Your setup will be very similar to mine when I am complete with it. Well they are never really complete.....
I'm hoping to see this in person at some point this summer.
For the wheels, you didn't have to do any modification did you? I will be replacing the spoke 16" mine has.

The wheels bolt right up with the correct bearings. Most of these new bikes have ABS, so if you buy a set of wheels that came from an ABS bike and yours doesn't have ABS, you will need to swap the bearings out for non ABS style.

Your bike is an '08 right? I'm not sure how to swap the rear over to the wider 09+ wheel with the 180 tire. I'm sure that it's been done though so a little research might be needed for the rear, if it's even possible.

And you're right down the street from me I'm sure we'll meet up sometime. I'm right by Randall and Miller rd

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
Yeah this new bike has ABS and the Brembo Package with it. It is an '08.
I'm not sure about the swap over either for the rear. I will look into that more once I have the bike in hand. I saw it last night when I dropped off the VRod (look at Sixth Gear Performance Powder Coat Thread).
I am so pumped to take this bike home. It should just be a couple more days. They are waiting on one part which should be here today or tomorrow. Then it's install, run it through the whole pre-check and detail. From there I'll ride it out.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Yeah this new bike has ABS and the Brembo Package with it. It is an '08.
I'm not sure about the swap over either for the rear. I will look into that more once I have the bike in hand. I saw it last night when I dropped off the VRod (look at Sixth Gear Performance Powder Coat Thread).
I am so pumped to take this bike home. It should just be a couple more days. They are waiting on one part which should be here today or tomorrow. Then it's install, run it through the whole pre-check and detail. From there I'll ride it out.

Yeah, the '08 bikes were kind of a crossover year. They had quite a few upgrades that led to the '09 bikes. Having ABS will make it easy to swap to the enforcer wheels since most new bikes come with it. I got lucky and found a brand new non ABS Enforcer front wheel/rotors/tire for $350 shipped on eBay while taking my before work dump one morning. I couldn't hit the buy it now button any faster! Lol Found the rear wheel completely bare for $150 and just used the rear tire that was on the bike since it was fairly new.

What color is your new bike?

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
Yeah, the '08 bikes were kind of a crossover year. They had quite a few upgrades that led to the '09 bikes. Having ABS will make it easy to swap to the enforcer wheels since most new bikes come with it. I got lucky and found a brand new non ABS Enforcer front wheel/rotors/tire for $350 shipped on eBay while taking my before work dump one morning. I couldn't hit the buy it now button any faster! Lol Found the rear wheel completely bare for $150 and just used the rear tire that was on the bike since it was fairly new.

What color is your new bike?

I've been searching parts this week and I'm about to pull the trigger on a few small things. New levers(black), frame bar(black) and I think a set of the 10" Yaffe Bars(black of course).
I really should get on eBay more and see what I can find.
The new is is Black Pearl also. I believe you said yours was also.

Thread Info