2015 C7 Corvette Z06

shockerracing.com

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 9, 2006
Dundee, IL
I've been meaning to post this for a few weeks now as I've been wanting to do a full write up on my dads 2015 Corvette Z06 he just got. It's kind of a fun story so here goes:

Back in January, my dad placed an order for his 2015 Corvette Z06 with the new 8 speed automatic. He ordered a base Z06 without a lot of options because the car comes very nicely equipped already. Besides the automatic, one of the other big options he included was the Performance Data Recorder. We knew it was built on Friday, March 27th which ended up being a couple days earlier than anticipated. We knew it would arrive any day during the week of March 30th and were anxiously waiting. The dealership my dad ordered through is currently dealing with a mechanics union strike so the delivery truck drivers will not unload at the dealership because they are union drivers and won't cross the picket line. On Thursday, April 2nd my dad happened to drive past the Walmart which is next door to the dealership and he noticed a truckload of Corvette's on it. He quickly whipped into the Walmart parking lot and found out they were unloading his car. Being that my family is in the car business and has a close relationship with the dealer, my dad made a quick phone call to the GM and snagged his own car right off of the truck. The car never actually made it to the Chevy dealer!

I wrote up a full article about the prepping and have lots more photos on ShockerRacing.com that can be found here: 2015 Chevy Corvette C7 Z06

This was the startup the first time I got to hear it while it was still under the factory shipping cover:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rixfycf7Fk

Here it is in our shop with the factory shipping cover still on:

Here are a couple pics that [MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION] took at the Epic Deli Cruise:

I posted this video a couple weeks ago comparing Turks Audi R8 to the new Z06 Exhaust. I have had people arguing with me on Youtube claiming that the Z06 isn't stock and that it had a cam in it. I can assure you this car is still stock and at the time of this vid had about 10 miles on it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FWioux5ayo

shockerracing.com

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 9, 2006
Dundee, IL
James, did you pull the fuse for the muffler?

Jason, the fuse pull doesn't work on the C7's. Apparently its tied into the computer now and depending on what driving mode you are in determins how long it stays open. I keep it in sport mode and the exhaust seems to stay open until 4th gear. I've also been told that there is also a setting in the control panel to adjust it but I haven't had time to play with that yet.

Thread Info