MK7 Golf TDI: Project Tow/Snow Bunny

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Alright, so, as you all know I bought this car in October of last year. It came down to this or a new truck, and, well, this was like 1/3rd of the price of the truck I spec'd out, so, that's the direction I went. I pretty much started with the idea of "let's see how far I can push the limits of a car as far as towing and daily use, like I do my trucks. Obviously, this won't replace a full-size pickup for my enclosed trailer, and, I've still got my Sierra for that task.

Pretty much set out to make this the most useful and ambidextrous car I could within reason, or I would end up not using it in place of my pickup as a DD.

Bone stock with Blizzaks. Car did a 1,600 mile trip around Lake Michigan, drove it down some snowmobile trails, I swear that this thing with snow tires is better than my truck in 4x4.

Now, with its summer wheels.

Well, for the past 6 months I've been waiting for the aftermarket to catch up to the new body style and TDI motor... FINALLY, the trailer hitch I've been waiting for hit the market, and, I immediately bought one. It arrived today along with the wiring harness!

60362_9_1000.jpg

Also ordered an air bag setup for the rear

F4176_1000.jpg

It's all going together tonight. I'll get some pictures towing with it tomorrow :rofl:

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Only because you'll sell it soon. I mean, you went as far as to make a thread with plans, that will never happen because you'll sell it and but 4 junkers and then make a new thread about something new that you bought.

Don't hate me because Im beautiful and like old junkers.

I've been good lately lmao, like I've always said... If I had room to keep everything I would still have a lot of stuff. Now that I've got storage things haven't been going away as quickly.

Thread Info