Finished Up The Z06

Breze84

$ AIN'T NO PITY IN C-NOTE CITY $
Aug 30, 2010
Chi-Town....
Finally got the car off the jack stands in the garage after cleaning up the suspension / brakes, changing endlinks ect, Powdercoating swaybars and changing some bushings... Also got around to throwing my 18/19 C6Z wheels with 275/35/18 MT Street Comps and 305/35/19 NT05R's... Also slapped on some C6Z splash guards...

While getting ready to throw my new rims on I noticed my suspension was pretty sad for my standards...

Before Suspension:

Coilovers had rust in the threads, My Heim Joint endlinks were all froze up, Rotor hats were sad looking ect...

Cleaning Suspension:

Powdercoated the sway bars ect...

Cleaning up the rotor hats and painting them

Cleaning Suspension:

Suspension Done:

Installed HID's 55W 5000K:

Before Pics Of Car Before Work...

After:

Breze84

Aug 30, 2010
Chi-Town....
What did you do for the rusty coilovers?

it was fine superficial rust that I cleaned up with a little wire brush and CLR which caused the finish to revert back to a uncoated metal finish. I set my coilovers where I wanted them and lightly went over the threads with satin black paint "rustoleum" with a artist brush free hand to coat the bare exposed metal threads. Looks oem new now. trust me when I say a lot of tedious little bullshit went into this project that most wouldn't even know lol

Breze84

Aug 30, 2010
Chi-Town....
Love it!

'Cept the HIDs.

The HID is Worlds better then the sorry ass Sylvania halogen 9006 bulbs that were in it. You couldn't even tell the headlights were on before, I would actually get out of the car to look... The 5000K are a Hyper white, Not blue... 6000K they begin to turn blue, 8000K is pure blue, 9K ect turn purple...

They give off this light...

Thread Info