My F-1A cog six speed Marauder

justbob

Just a grandpa car with a vacuum leak.
Jan 23, 2010
Behind that famous burrito joint
Real Name
Bob
Well ten years+ in the making this seems to be BEST set up I've ever had or driven. I had a Trilogy 1.9 roots for about six years and was constantly hitting brick walls every time I wanted more. Manual trans two years ago and fun renewed for a short spell.. Finished up the F-1 a couple weeks ago and dynoed at 704/601 @ only 6,200 RPMs when the Ford twin disc said oh hells no! Street tuned on 93 @ 603/559 (but have to let off at around 5400 or BOOM on 93 octane OR 558/? With my fail safe Tial spring installed and keeping boost below a measly 17#s.

The 558 street tune is absolutely STUPID at any speed! The 704 is a complete waste of tire even at 120..

THIS is what I should have done in 2004...

04 Cobra short block
2012 GT500 TR6060
Very lengthy list of accommodating parts.

80d905f5398e28d7ab429035cc6e9c5d.jpg

a126a5ce788c67936a260b01870e2e9a.jpg

1745f7b3e1330f5cb748ffad7ea5748b.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvJOga-PQVY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQJqhDq7c2A

Bob - Builder Of Badassery

Reactions: Mr_Roboto

justbob

Jan 23, 2010
Real Name
Bob
That thing is so awesome. How do you like the centrifugal over the roots as far as feel of driving, intake temps, WOT feel, etc.?

With the manual I'd rock the centri any day over that small roots. Power delivery is 100% controllable, I can mash the gas and let it build smoothly, or clutch it, just give her a pinch of throttle, and pop it. This will jar your skeleton! Oh and of course being a centri, it is quiet scary at the top of every gear and I'm definitely not used to that!

If it were still auto, I'd have to dial in the best T.C. to get anywhere close to where my liking would be. My original plans were a simple 2.3 upgrade with the auto. That would have been suffice. For a summer.

Haven't data logged the IATS yet, but I guarantee them to be much lower than that over spun roots!!!

justbob

Jan 23, 2010
Real Name
Bob
Why a 6060 and not just a T56?

I have horrible OCD and wanted something NOBODY has or would ever try. Gutting the tunnel and welding in a recessed portion for the remote under mount shifter is cake for me as well building the cross member so nothing really else to stop me? It only took three weeks after work to complete.

I was having regrets the first few months as I couldn't get any local shops to build a decent shaft. I warped two different ones three times and exploded one at the track in third at the 1000'. My tail shaft angle was dead nuts to the auto's, hence why I built a cross member, but everyone local insisted I needed a telescoping steel shaft.. They were strong as an ox, till I hit 80 and warped them! Finally I contacted Frank at The Driveshaft Shop and he built me a STOUT constant velocity aluminum shaft intended for GT500's. Problem solved!

Next up is going back in and redesign the pedals. It's now been two years/10.000 miles of roughness and I have snapped the clutch master cylinder twice. There is only an 1 1/4" of space to add a clutch pedal, switch, and master under the dash in order to keep the power pedals. There is nothing but real estate above the gas pedal so I think the time has come to ditch the electric pedals..

Re-engineer that and this thing can be trusted for years.

The T-56 would of required a Mceod hydraulic set up as my intention was only modern day. (Looks like I'll be buying that set up now anyhow...) and also where the shifter comes up is so far forward it would required the shifter to be drastically kicked back for several inches then up out of the counsel and that has GOT to feel weird.

Thread Info