Cobalt SS out, 2015 STI in

Hey guys, been away from the boards for awhile but while I was gone I picked up a new car! Found a buyer for my 2009 Cobalt SS that was built, and was able to snag a STI.

OLD:

I'm going to miss the Cobalt, it was a great car, but I couldn't get past FWD and how much fun I was losing out on with all that power. Car on the final setup put down 425/433.

I had been searching for an STI for quite a while and couldn't find a used one that didn't seem beat up, so I decided to bite the bullet and snag a new one. Got very lucky and found one at a dealership that was the exact color and options that I wanted.

Day 1:

The drop wasn't bad stock but I hated how far in the wheels were in the body. I also did not like the stock halogen fog lights. Also I thought the front looked naked without a lip, and of course whats a Subi without mudflaps haha. Here is how she sits now!

y u surprised? Only real killer for them IMO is the direct injection bullshit. Extra Injectors? Tha fuck is this, 2002? :rofl:

This Cobalt actually looks like one I ran on the Stevenson near Lemont/Bolingbrook last year. OP, angry silver stinky skittle laying rubber @60mph ring a bell? :s00ls:

That's the biggest problem with the 08-10 model, GM decided to switch to the LNF with direct injection and it limited the cars a ton. Opposed to the 05-07 models where they had the LSJ and yoy just threw bugger injectors and you were good to go. Adding the 5th injector was a pita and even more a pain to tune.

As far as the race, I don't recall, don't really make my way up there that much but it's always a possibility. I know that I had a few run in with skittles.

Thread Info