2008 Suzuki Hayabusa

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
new here, but not new to riding. i started out on a 04 Kawi 636, moved to a 06 GSXR1000, then to a 05 R1, and yesterday i made a 12 hr round trip to pick up a 08 Busa. the owner passed away last year and bike was sitting pretty much the whole time since. bike is in good shape but a few things are needed.

mods included: stretches, lowered, new grips, capped/dumped exhaust, HIDS. included in the sale was the original swing arm, bike cover, front/rear stands, and Yoshi R22 dual exhaust which i will be selling.

the first ride was a damn scarey ride though! did a complete inspection/walk over. i didn't notice any issues so i went ahead and climbed on (in full gear) and took her our. get up to third gear then proceeded to slow down for the approaching stop sign. grabbed the front brake and rode the rear, immediatly noticed an issue, the bike wasn't slowing like it should. with the stop sign fast approaching, i let go of both and pull the front brake with great pressure and notice a weird sound and the bike barely slowing, so i give the rear hell. obviously rear end started swinging and i clinched my butt cheeks tight. cross traffic did not have to stop, i quickly look both directions and give the bike hell and gun through the sign.

i then immediatley turn back and go to the ladies home to discover 2 issues. 1) the tires were hard as a rock. they were stock tires!! the bike is a 2008!! 2) The previous owner had removed the front right brake rotor.

sorry for the long novel, lol. i don't have a ton of plans for the bike, but will be fixing the brakes, new tires, 4-1 header/cat delete, shorty levers, and double bubble screen.

qPlaKuN.jpg

ITL Cobra

Regular
Jan 31, 2007
honestly, i have no idea. i had a friend with me who also rides and him and i both looked over the bike and didn't notice the 1 missing rotor.

I can see how that happened... I was looking at one that was custom like yours, dropped, stretched, with rims and all, walking around it I didn't even notice that one side was missing and when I took it for a ride I did notice that the braking sucked, talked to the owner and he said it allowed better viewing of the front rim WTF???

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
so good lookin. love that color! :bigthumb:
i hope you got the brake issue worked out, though it looks like there's still only one rotor :iough:

still only one rotor, but upon riding it more it stops fine. i think part of the problem on the first ride was just from the bike sitting for so long. i am contemplating leaving the rotor off upon reading other threads about it. it still stops good...but...two rotors would stop better.

Thread Info