1995 Camaro Z28 - Advice Needed on Parts

BoostedZ

BoostedZ
Feb 21, 2015
Hey, I'm getting all of my parts together for the build I'm doing this fall. I'm shooting for over 1,000HP or more. I hope I can reach my power level goal. Here are some parts I've been doing research on and think would be a step towards that goal. I need advice on what parts I should add or change.
-LQ4 408 Stroker
-AFR 225 heads with 5 angle valve job and 1.60/2.02 valve upgrade
-102mm FAST intake and throttle body
-3.25 gears
-MWC fab 9" rearend
-Jake's D3 trans brake
-Weld RT-S S71
Tick Performance custom grind cam
-Twin precision turbos
-Jake's Performance 4L80E stage 5
-JE forged custom pistons
-Brembo brakes
-MWC full suspension
-Snow Performance methanol injection
-MSD LS1/LS6 ignition system
-Aeromotive fuel system
-Nitrous Express kit
-Kooks longtube headers 1-7/8" LS1
-Kooks Off road y pipe LS1
-Borla catback LS1
-Fel-pro gaskets
-ARP bolts and studs
-Holley EFI dominator with 5.7" screen
-ACPT carbon fiber driveshaft
-Comp Cams pushrods
-Brian Tooley valve springs
-Scorpion roller rocker arms
-Callies H beam ultra connecting rods
-Callies forged crankshaft
So another question, should I run a lower A/R ratio for one turbo, and other turbo have a higher A/R ratio so I can have constant boost throughout the RPM range, or should I get two of the same size turbos?

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
mismatched turbines=tuning nightmare and surge problems. In terms of twins vs single do what your packaging permits, but don't forget that 2 of everything costs some pretty big spend. Investigate carefully if you have the option of doing both. I don't really wanna talk about weight, there are a bunch of variables there but I don't see one setup coming out a ton heavier than the other with power production being equal.

School Boy

Spray the cubic inch at it!
Mar 28, 2011
I personally like twins. They arent as expensive as everyone makes them out to be. 2 small turbos are less that one big one and the piping is smaller so it actually ends up being a bit cheaper than a single. They really are the best of both worlds. You can make big peak power but spool fast like a small turbo.

BoostedZ

BoostedZ
Feb 21, 2015
Thanks guys! I don't plan on just buying all the parts as of right now. I just want to make sure what I'm going to run will work. The only reason for the meth is E85 around me is hit and miss kind of thing, so for higher boost level the meth will compensate for the low octane rating of 93 pump gas. At least that's what I've gotten out of talking to people and reading about the methanol injection kits.

Thread Info