My 1996 Eddie Bauer Explorer V8 AWD...

1996BlackBauer

1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 AWD
Oct 20, 2014
McHenry
Let me start out this with saying, YES! my Explorers name is Martha, and YES, it does totally say it on the windshield, I was young and dumb, but now everybody knows me by that, so I can't get rid of it, lol.

oiwsar.jpg

beenm8.jpg

33nvj9i.jpg

Sorry for the lack of pictures, anything else I have is before my lift, antennas, and tires.

Upgrades, and Mods include, 6 Hella 500 Off Road Lights, 2 Firestick 4 foot fiberglass Antennas, on custom tail light mounts, Walmart Special Safari Rack, a Westin Brush Guard, Torsion Twist, Lift Shackles, Midland 1001 LWX CB Radio. Full Alpine System, including 500watt amp, 2 12 inch Type E subs, in a dual chamber sealed box, with Alpine type S door speakers, running off of Fairly new Alpine Single din, which is mounted into a fully custom dash piece, which also houses my CB. I have 4 gauge upgraded "BIG 3", soon to me a 270amp Mechman Alternator, with 1/0 power wire. I am also running Full Synthetic Amsoil fluids all around, and I think that is about it.

Miles so far are about 184K, and still going strong.

I am sure there is more, but I have done so much, I have forgotten the other stuff. Also this is my Daily driver, average about 200-250 miles per week, it is also a class winner at the McHenry Fiesta days car show, lol. got a picture to prove it!

2jadvrs.jpg

euoqza.jpg

2wp6q6r.jpg

Also got it in 2014 as well.

1996BlackBauer

Oct 20, 2014
McHenry
Thanks guys, to be honest, the truck is my entire world, and is probably the nicest thing I own. As far as respraying, it has not been as far as I know, but I can notice some things in the paint that lead me to believe that at one point it did have a respray. The paint is actually really bad and blistering right now, it is a looker at about 6 feet, any closer and you notice things, at least I do. I going to attempt this summer to respray the roof, and the lift gate my self, and see how that turns out, plus I have to fix some rust that is on the rockers anyway. hopefully all that turns out good.

Hopefully I won't need a front diff, but I'll let you know after I go out and romp on it a few times, lol.

1996BlackBauer

Oct 20, 2014
McHenry
surprised those runners aren't rusted off yet :rofl:

The worst part is the rear by the dog legs, I was expecting to see much more damage, but it really doesn't seem that bad, I'm taking the running boards off at the end of the month, and ordering rockers, and dog legs. I am really surprised as well though, there is no rust prevention at all, just paint. going to also try POR 15 on everything else, to prevent any more rust from coming through.

1996BlackBauer

Oct 20, 2014
McHenry
If everyone knows you by "Martha," then why isn't your name on here "Martha?"

Shoulda registered under that and seen how many requests for nudes you get.

Well, I'm not known as Martha, but if I show up somewhere, I ALWAYS get asked where is Martha, like she is my girlfriend or something, lol.

I should have, and sent dick pics, lol, wat?

Thread Info